+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Windows 7 Thread, Trust relationship error on Windows 7 in Technical; Help!!!!!!!!!!! Im getting a lot of error on my windows 7 desktops with the following error: "The trust relationship between ...

Thank Post

Trust relationship error on Windows 7

Help!!!!!!!!!!!

Im getting a lot of error on my windows 7 desktops with the following error:

"The trust relationship between the workstation and the primary domain failed"

Does anyone know why this is happening? its not on all stations but about 12 or so this morning alone!

I can enable to administrator account and re add it but i dont know why its happening in the first place!

Thanks everyone.

Thank Post

Thank Post
    You didnt accidently delete the OU?

Thank Post
    I had this spradically in 2 IT Suites in the school and never did figure out what the problem was
    Times weren't out of sync and all updates had been applied
    The build was no different to the PCs elsewhere that were stable

It would successfully rejoin to the domain and function quite happily...

TheLibrarian
    We experienced this with ~5 of 30 PC's.

Never quite got to the bottom of it but it does appear to be fixed.

For reasons best known to themselves the PC's time was out; even though at the time they were joined to the domain the time was correct.

The steps we took that solved the issue (he says while touching wood):

1/ Remove the machine accounts from AD.
    2/ Add the machines to a workgroup.
    3/ Wait 30 minutes for replication (I know it's only 15 but we waited 30 anyway).
    4/ Re add the machines using the FQDN instead of the NetBIOS domain name.

Seems to have fixed those PC's. We didn't manage to trace where / why they were getting the incorrect time from.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by irsprint84 View Post
    You didnt accidently delete the OU?
    No i didnt. The machines has been reimaged from from XP to Windows 7 though and i didn't delete the existing machine in AD.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by techie08 View Post
    No i didnt. The machines has been reimaged from from XP to Windows 7 though and i didn't delete the existing machine in AD.
    I think you answered the question above. You may need to reset the accounts.
    Check the NETLOGON service to just of curiosity.

Out of interest what OS is the DC?

The net time thing is definitely worth looking at.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rbance View Post
    I think you answered the question above. You may need to reset the accounts.
    Check the NETLOGON service to just of curiosity.

Out of interest what OS is the DC?

The net time thing is definitely worth looking at.
    The time is exactly the same on all 3 DCs (2008R2) Also the netlogon service is started on all 3.

I think my next course of action is to restart all 3 DCs as per link in earlier post.
    Is it also good practice to delete the Machine in AD if you are re-imaging?

Thank Post
    I meant on the clients.....check them...

I would start again...ie delete...I am actually building a new domain at the moment in preparation for moving to Windows 7......but that was more to do with issues with the current 2003 domain i have inherited...

Thank Post
    I saw this problem on some of my machines here, and found out the culprit was the way the machines were renamed and then joined to the domain as part of the Windows System Image Manager. I ended up solving it by re-ordering the way things were done, and using a small batch file to join the PC to the domain as part of an automatic first logon. It now works flawlessly and all I have to do after re-imaging a machine is rename it, and the script takes care of the rest.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveyPitch View Post
    I saw this problem on some of my machines here, and found out the culprit was the way the machines were renamed and then joined to the domain as part of the Windows System Image Manager. I ended up solving it by re-ordering the way things were done, and using a small batch file to join the PC to the domain as part of an automatic first logon. It now works flawlessly and all I have to do after re-imaging a machine is rename it, and the script takes care of the rest.
    Can i get a look at that script as I know a school that have been having that problem.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcshammer_dj View Post
    Can i get a look at that script as I know a school that have been having that problem.
    Sure, no probs. Are you familiar with the Windows SIM at all? I used that to set the machines to do an automatic login with local admin credentials on first boot. Then I just set it up to run the following command line.....

c:\windows\system32\netdom.exe join %computername% /Domain:domainname /UserD:AdminUser /PasswordD:AdminPassword

The bits in bold are the bits you'll need to change for your own domain. Also, the netdom command isn't part of Windows 7 as standard. You'll need to download the RSAT tools from MS website (if you haven't already), and when it's installed, enable the Active Directory parts of it (which puts netdom on the computer).

That's probably as clear as mud. If it doesn't make sense let me know, and if needed I can show you my unattend.xml file I use for sysprep, which contains everything I did.

Cheers,

Dave

Thank Post
    cheers for that I will pass that on

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveyPitch View Post
    I deploy my images using using DELL KACE's deployment appliance. The images have been sysprep'd using mysysprep and sysprep also joins them to the domain.

Im going to try a few things first such as checking the time on the machine and deleting the machine name in AD before rejoining to the domain. Im also at some point going to restart my DCs.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by techie08 View Post
    I deploy my images using using DELL KACE's deployment appliance. The images have been sysprep'd using mysysprep and sysprep also joins them to the domain.
    I've not used that appliance, but the problem I had was with Sysprep joining the machines to the domain. Check in AD and see if the machines are in there with the correct name. In my case, when using sysprep normally, the order was wrong, and it would join the machine to the domain with a random name, then rename the PC, but it wouldn't rename the PC in AD as well, so even though the PC would say it was part of a domain, Active Directory would have no record of the new name. Check it out and see if you're getting the same issuse.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast