Im getting a lot of error on my windows 7 desktops with the following error:
"The trust relationship between the workstation and the primary domain failed"
Does anyone know why this is happening? its not on all stations but about 12 or so this morning alone!
I can enable to administrator account and re add it but i dont know why its happening in the first place!
You didnt accidently delete the OU?
I had this spradically in 2 IT Suites in the school and never did figure out what the problem was
Times weren't out of sync and all updates had been applied
The build was no different to the PCs elsewhere that were stable
It would successfully rejoin to the domain and function quite happily...
We experienced this with ~5 of 30 PC's.
Never quite got to the bottom of it but it does appear to be fixed.
For reasons best known to themselves the PC's time was out; even though at the time they were joined to the domain the time was correct.
The steps we took that solved the issue (he says while touching wood):
1/ Remove the machine accounts from AD.
2/ Add the machines to a workgroup.
3/ Wait 30 minutes for replication (I know it's only 15 but we waited 30 anyway).
4/ Re add the machines using the FQDN instead of the NetBIOS domain name.
Seems to have fixed those PC's. We didn't manage to trace where / why they were getting the incorrect time from.
I meant on the clients.....check them...
I would start again...ie delete...I am actually building a new domain at the moment in preparation for moving to Windows 7......but that was more to do with issues with the current 2003 domain i have inherited...
I saw this problem on some of my machines here, and found out the culprit was the way the machines were renamed and then joined to the domain as part of the Windows System Image Manager. I ended up solving it by re-ordering the way things were done, and using a small batch file to join the PC to the domain as part of an automatic first logon. It now works flawlessly and all I have to do after re-imaging a machine is rename it, and the script takes care of the rest.
c:\windows\system32\netdom.exe join %computername% /Domain:domainname /UserD:AdminUser /PasswordD:AdminPassword
The bits in bold are the bits you'll need to change for your own domain. Also, the netdom command isn't part of Windows 7 as standard. You'll need to download the RSAT tools from MS website (if you haven't already), and when it's installed, enable the Active Directory parts of it (which puts netdom on the computer).
That's probably as clear as mud. If it doesn't make sense let me know, and if needed I can show you my unattend.xml file I use for sysprep, which contains everything I did.
cheers for that I will pass that on
Im going to try a few things first such as checking the time on the machine and deleting the machine name in AD before rejoining to the domain. Im also at some point going to restart my DCs.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)