+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Windows 7 Thread, New Build Woes! in Technical; Originally Posted by ChrisMiles Get the company who sold it to you to replace it (don't let them make you ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,628 Times in 1,938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMiles View Post
    Get the company who sold it to you to replace it (don't let them make you rma it, its their responsibility not yours -- see regulations on statutory rights).
    It will be interesting to see what OcUK do if updating the BIOS doesn't fix Zoom7000's issue. Knowing what OcUK are like, I really doubt they will do a straight swap.

Thank Post
    Well, the trouble is, both systems were working fine. I then had to dismantle both systems to get the motherboards swapped out by Asus due to the SandyBridge flaw. So, both boards are now the B3 revision boards which weren't supplied by OcUK. The warranty is unaffected, but I'd rather sort out the issue if it can be sorted with something like a BIOS update rather than having to RMA or otherwise. The trouble is, I can't yet pinpoint exactly what's causing the issue. I'd like to get a confirmed diagnosis as to which part is actually fault (If faulty!) before returning the board, only to find a new board causes the same issue because something else is faulty!

Thank Post
    Have you tried it with 1 stick of memory in only, that fixed the stability problems on the dodgy motherboard i had.

Thank Post
    Right, I think I've finally managed to solve this! The Intel® Rapid Storage Technology was the driver causing all the issues. Annoyingly, the driver on Asus' own website is the problematic driver. The version on Asus' site is 10.5.0.1026. This driver kept giving BSOD and screwing up my entire Windows installation to the point where it wouldn't boot in to Windows any more. I decided to check the Intel website and found a version 10.6.0.1022. This driver installed fine and so did all the other drivers and the system has been running well for the last few days.

So, all the problems I had were basically because Asus have got crappy drivers on their own website! I updated the BIOS anyway and thanks to everyone else for their help here!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,670 Times in 2,267 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoom7000 View Post
    Right, I think I've finally managed to solve this! The Intel® Rapid Storage Technology was the driver causing all the issues. Annoyingly, the driver on Asus' own website is the problematic driver. The version on Asus' site is 10.5.0.1026. This driver kept giving BSOD and screwing up my entire Windows installation to the point where it wouldn't boot in to Windows any more. I decided to check the Intel website and found a version 10.6.0.1022. This driver installed fine and so did all the other drivers and the system has been running well for the last few days.

So, all the problems I had were basically because Asus have got crappy drivers on their own website! I updated the BIOS anyway and thanks to everyone else for their help here!
    Good to hear that you got it going and worrying to hear that Intel's shocking driver devs have been let loose outside their networking department.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12