+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, Windows 7 and iTunes in Technical; Good Morning! Does anyone happen to have an MST for deploying Itunes that suppress' EULA and Auto update? We have ...
    Thank Post

Windows 7 and iTunes

Good Morning!
    Does anyone happen to have an MST for deploying Itunes that suppress' EULA and Auto update? We have had issues with our doc cam software crunching iTunes and I have created a deployment to resolve it but cannot get rid of these 2 nasty issues and in our district that is unacceptable.
    Thanks in advance.
    Rob

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,385 Times in 849 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hi
    One tool you could use is GPP with a registry add command to put the EULA accepted key in.
    The EULA key will probably be per user btw not machine based.

The autoupdate program is a scheduled task which would need to be removed but I suspect if you used GP to set file permissions on the EXE to prevent anyone but domain admin/system having access that would stop it running.
    I am not sure if you can do this with a transform or not, I will need to dig out the MSI's and orca to take a look.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroHour View Post
    Hi
    One tool you could use is GPP with a registry add command to put the EULA accepted key in.
    The EULA key will probably be per user btw not machine based.

The autoupdate program is a scheduled task which would need to be removed but I suspect if you used GP to set file permissions on the EXE to prevent anyone but domain admin/system having access that would stop it running.
    I am not sure if you can do this with a transform or not, I will need to dig out the MSI's and orca to take a look.
    Yes, we have any where from 3-120 users on a computer in a given day so reg fixes on a per user basis do not help us... Tried to edit the MSI in orca but the EULA still came up... Edited it in Property and set IAcceptLicense to Yes. It was No.

Everything I have read says an MST will work but I am still a noob on creating one of them...

Thanks fpr thew assistance!!!
    Hope all you peeps over there are safe!!!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,385 Times in 849 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by maveriick View Post
    Yes, we have any where from 3-120 users on a computer in a given day so reg fixes on a per user basis do not help us... Tried to edit the MSI in orca but the EULA still came up... Edited it in Property and set IAcceptLicense to Yes. It was No.

Everything I have read says an MST will work but I am still a noob on creating one of them...

Thanks fpr thew assistance!!!
    Hope all you peeps over there are safe!!!
    I am in Scotland and so far we have not rioted yet (but if they put beer prices up.... ) but thanks for the well wishes.
    Did that fix the EULA problem? I thought myself iTunes EULA was a per user setting (as in each has to accept) which is where the GPP key fix would work well.
    What tool are you using to make MST's?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread