+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Windows 7 Thread, The user profiel service service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded in Technical; For our servers we use accounts that don't actually have profiles attached (speeds up login) but you could add an ...

Thank Post
    For our servers we use accounts that don't actually have profiles attached (speeds up login) but you could add an environment variable to your servers should you so wish ;-)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefox View Post
    For our servers we use accounts that don't actually have profiles attached (speeds up login) but you could add an environment variable to your servers should you so wish ;-)
    Might just do this tbf, I've taken over from a previous technician and never had much to do with profiles until now as its all worked! Doesn't appear to be much there beside about 5mb of App data on any of the profiles, desktop icons and start menus are all done with redirection. Some profiles have NTUSER.man and NTUSER.dat files in some along with around 6 profiles of various names which dont appear to be in use, could I get away with just deleting all of these profiles or would I see numerous errors :P

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bondbill2k2 View Post
    Our profiles are set in a profile share then in folders for groups, 1 profile per group e.g. \students \staff \tech \admin.
    Having managed to get some of each group to log in on a windows 7 machine now and the logon populating a .v2 folder for each some users from all groups are now able to logon but not others!
    To get what I said above to work effectively the users XP and W7 profiles would need to be in the same share, as obviously AD will only point to 1 location for each user

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefox View Post
    To get what I said above to work effectively the users XP and W7 profiles would need to be in the same share, as obviously AD will only point to 1 location for each user
    All of our profiles are in the same share area \\server\profiles$

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I havn't had much chance to sort this or play with windows 7 policys even yet, around 80% of our network will still be XP computers anyway, of which many will be renewed next summer hopefully, we also plan to upgrade our server as its outdated to say the least, about 6years old now without any upgrades so ill be downgrading our win7 machines for now and they will be upgraded site wide hopefully early next year on an 08 domain

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12