+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, Drive Stays Mapped After Imaging with MDT 2010 in Technical; OK, I have kind of a weird problem here that I just can't figure out for the life of me, ...

Thank Post

Drive Stays Mapped After Imaging with MDT 2010

OK, I have kind of a weird problem here that I just can't figure out for the life of me, even though I am sure it is (hopefully) simple to fix. I am currently using MDT 2010 to deploy my Windows 7 image. However, every time I image a machine, I have noticed that both my deployment share and the Logs folder of my deployment share stay mapped to any user who logs into the system. Those shares are not mapped when I capture the system (although they are obviously used during parts of the deployment itself), so I'm not sure why they are mapped after I image the system.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Thank Post
    Anyone have any ideas on this? I now no longer have the logs share showing up mapped to the user after imaging (I think that was a seperate issue with my image). However, I am still having my deploymentshare mapped to anyone who logs into the system after it has been imaged. Both the _SMSTask and MININT folders are correctly removed following the deployment, so I know that is in fact doing its "clean up" after the deployment, but it keeps mapping my deployment share after the imaging. Also, it doesn't matter who I login as (teacher, admin, student), the share still shows up.

Any suggestions?

EDIT: OK, I take that back, turns out that computers are still retaining the _SMSTasking and MININT folders after imaging. One more thing to figure out before I try and image these 60 computers that I was supposed to have done today
    Last edited by scottpowers82; 3rd June 2011 at 05:12 PM.

Thank Post
    not sure why its happening but you can add a command line of net use //driveletter// /d to remote the mapped drive

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread