+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, Proxy settings do not apply in Technical; Had a problem since yesterday on some machines. I have the proxy set in group policy and rsop.msc shows that ...
    Thank Post

Proxy settings do not apply

Had a problem since yesterday on some machines. I have the proxy set in group policy and rsop.msc shows that it is being applied... except it isn't at least not to a student.

I've tried removing the proxy altogether and adding a seperate gpo with it on but it does the same again (RSOP shows it being applied from the different policy but it isn't)

The only thing I can think of is a rogue update but using WSUS and none have been sent out recently (I'm waiting to roll out SP1)

Thank Post
    One thing to note is that I have found in my experience that unless the setting to prevent users changing the proxy is set to true, the group policy settings wont overwrite any manual settings applied.

Thank Post
    Have you got anything at http://wpad.domain.nextlevel.etc/wpad.dat or http://wpad.nextlevel.etc/wpad.at ... and so on.

If you have "automatically detect settings" ticked (is by default) I have found at another school I'm seconded to that because we are all part of a central forest that another level up above the schools there is a wpad server with a wpad.dat file hosted that, on occasions, provides proxy configuration that we don't want, because of that tick box.

Thank Post
    Have had this before where the proxy settings are set in multiple gpo's, make sure only 1 gpo witht he proxy settings is being applied

5. Thanks to pooley from:

cromertech (17th May 2011)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexB View Post
    Have you got anything at http://wpad.domain.nextlevel.etc/wpad.dat or http://wpad.nextlevel.etc/wpad.at ... and so on.

If you have "automatically detect settings" ticked (is by default) I have found at another school I'm seconded to that because we are all part of a central forest that another level up above the schools there is a wpad server with a wpad.dat file hosted that, on occasions, provides proxy configuration that we don't want, because of that tick box.
    I have this set up but only the staff have that option set. the students have the proxy set in the lan settings (hopefully) by group policy. What I don't understand is that it has been working flawlessly until just yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMiles View Post
    One thing to note is that I have found in my experience that unless the setting to prevent users changing the proxy is set to true, the group policy settings wont overwrite any manual settings applied.
    This is set but when I look at the connection settings box everything is greyed out but empty

Thank Post
    Ok, I've finally got something working through group policy preferences and making sure that the proxy information was removed everywhere else. Thanks for the pointers though, it's always good to have somebody who can look at things from a different angle

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread