I'm running into a weird problem with Windows 7 SP1 when trying to deploy it. I created an image on a brand new out-of-the-box Dell Vostro 3300, installed all the same software that I've been running for about 8 Months plus on Windows 7 RTM, and sysprep'ed it. I deployed that image on the same machine (using FOG) and everything is working except the graphics card. There is a yellow triangle with en exclamation point and an error message stating code 12 not enough resources available for this device. I deployed the image to two other machines (Dell Inspiron 11z and Lenovo ThinkCentre A55) and I get the exact same error on the graphics cards. Right now I'm working under the theory that SP1 is causing the problem. I am testing that right now, and I'll update when I know for sure. Does anyone have any other ideas as to what could be causing this?
This is the software that I have installed on the image:
Office 2007 Professional Plus (updated to SP2)
Google Earth Plugin
Tried disabling the com ports in the BIOS and upgrading the BIOS. Sometimes systems can screw up and assign too many resources to an IRQ. The other thing to check would be a fresh install from a SP1 DVD. If there are any integrated drivers in there even after a sysprep there can be issues. I had some systems that did something simmilar thanks to some typically aweful intel drivers that decided they were the right ones for the GPU but were not.
In the end I remade my original image from scratch on a hyper-V VM with no additional drivers in it and have not had any such issues since by using this as the base image.
When I had this issue I tried everything to get it sorted even extracting the drivers and 'apparently' deleting the files and it just kept detecting it as the wrong thing until I installed fresh. Wound me up something horrible at the time as it was only the second round of images that I had made for Vista at that point, they use the same base system though so I'm reasonably certain that a fresh install image will solve it for you nicely.