+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Windows 7 Thread, Windows 7 Imaging WDS Woes in Technical; The issue is that I still don't see a volume but I have reached the sysprep limit so I can't ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,308 Times in 1,623 Posts
    The issue is that I still don't see a volume but I have reached the sysprep limit so I can't even try to inject the drivers until I can sysprep it again. The reg key didnt work.

Thank Post
    what happens if you boot of a win7 dvd does that find the hdd as a valid install location or does that also show no drives?

what pc is it i will see if i can hunt round and make you a new boot.wim. easiest way to test that is use the ms tool to create a win7 install pen drive (requires a 4gb+ pendrive) and then swap teh boot.wim file in the pendrives sources folder for a new one see if that finds the hdd as a valid install location
    Last edited by sted; 26th April 2011 at 08:45 AM.

Thank Post
    @witch

In your unattend.xml file under the section Microsoft-Windows-Security-Licensing-SPP component, set SkipRearm to 1 then save this. Then try to sysprep again. If you plan to sysprep /generalise more than 3 times, then you have to set this setting to bypass the activation clock. Also, ensure the reg key is set.

Can you also check %WINDIR%\System32\Sysprep\Panther directory for any log files such as seterr.log and post/PM.

Sukh

Thank Post
    @witch

In your unattend.xml file under the section Microsoft-Windows-Security-Licensing-SPP component, set SkipRearm to 1 then save this. Then try to sysprep again. If you plan to sysprep /generalise more than 3 times, then you have to set this setting to bypass the activation clock. Also, ensure the reg key is set.

Can you also check %WINDIR%\System32\Sysprep\Panther directory for any log files such as seterr.log and post/PM.

Sukh

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,308 Times in 1,623 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sukh View Post
    @witch

I did try this but it didnt work last time. I will try again tomorrow when I am in the right school

Thank Post
    This might be useful, as it is detailed instructions on how to reset the rearming to 1, then the above skip rearm would not increment.

Reset your Rearm count, run Windows 7 Forever without cracks

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,615 Times in 1,926 Posts
    Once you have gone over the SysPrep limit, SkipRearm will no longer work from what I can tell.

Typically while creating a deployment image, you will run the Sysprep command multiple times. To ensure that an installation of an image receives the full Activation grace period:
    1. Set the SkipRearm to 1 while customizing your computer.
    2. Before running the Sysprep command the final time before deploying an image, rearm the computer by setting the SkipRearm setting to 0. This resets the Activation grace-period timer.

You can review the number of times you can use the SkipRearm setting by running the Slmgr.vbs /dlv command.

Values
    0 = Specifies that the Windows licensing state will be restored to the original, out-of-box licensing state, and that licensing settings are restored to their defaults. This is the default value.
    1 = Specifies that the Windows licensing state will not be changed. The Activation grace-period timer is not reset.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123