+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, Advice on Windows 7 image install in Technical; I need some advice. I currently create and update our company images. Up until recently, this was accomplished by creating ...

Thank Post

Advice on Windows 7 image install

I need some advice. I currently create and update our company images. Up until recently, this was accomplished by creating Ghost images and distributing them on bootable USB hard drives. (some hard drives booting DOS, newer larger drives booting Win PE).

We are now using Dell's Image Builder and having Dell pre-image our PCs. I can download the image that I created (and Dell modifies) from Dell's site in the form of 3 ISOs. I can then copy these ISOs to a bootable hard drive.

What I need is a suggestion on a program that will load these ISOs onto the PC's hard drive like Ghost does.

Thank Post
    probably easiest way i can think of is assuming the image is sysprepped do it to one pc then capture it before booting into windows with wds then just network deploy from there

Thank Post
    I back sted and go for a WDS deployment using the PXE boot providing the number of workstations warrant this. The WDS approach is for medium to large scale deployment but there are alternative methods that are best suited for smaller organisations. How many machines are you going to image?

Thank Post
    tbh as long as you have a server its probably the simplest way even if you only have 4 pcs as its essentially free and about as simple as you are going to get and is well documented

Thank Post
    This is true but a bit overkill for 4 pcs dont you think? Personally i would run the install froma network share and boot with PE. Its a similar approach to what he/she was using initially except you do not need to carry around a portable HDD

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by deano View Post
    This is true but a bit overkill for 4 pcs dont you think? Personally i would run the install froma network share and boot with PE. Its a similar approach to what he/she was using initially except you do not need to carry around a portable HDD
    meh not really its a bit of storage and a few services turned on. Id say thats a fair trade off for something that works well and is well documented and free

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread