+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Windows 7 Thread, Unlock a Win 7 Machine in Technical; I don't believe that we cannot, I think that we do not because we don't want multiple users logging onto ...
    Thank Post
    I don't believe that we cannot, I think that we do not because we don't want multiple users logging onto the PCs endlessly now and its always been set to off historically on our network, areas like our library were a favourite for people locking workstations and going off to class.

We have impero in place though which helps us with the logging people off if need be, but obviously we need to log onto another PC then to log them off, whereas with XP one logon and it logged them off.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rich_tech View Post
    I don't believe that we cannot, I think that we do not because we don't want multiple users logging onto the PCs endlessly now and its always been set to off historically on our network, areas like our library were a favourite for people locking workstations and going off to class.

We have impero in place though which helps us with the logging people off if need be, but obviously we need to log onto another PC then to log them off, whereas with XP one logon and it logged them off.
    Also with Impero v3 can unlock the screen with logging them out but of course need to run Impero to do it so still need to login into a machine etc..

Russ

Thank Post
    Some guy posts a YouTube video, provides no source code, no demo and your believe the guy can actually do this stuff??

Has anybody actually used this library or seen it used anywhere buy on a YouTube video?

The video is a great only if you want a good laugh!

Thank Post
    We use a little hta script that sends a remote logoff command to the workstation if a teacher decides to lock it and not come back.

Works very nicely

5. Thanks to Boredguy from:

speckytecky (5th November 2011)

Thank Post
    So im guessing noone has come up with anything other than running a command from a different computer?

The problem i have is that i come across this problem at the other end of the school from my computer and would be very useful if we had something that could unlock or log off the user so that someone else could log on instead as our teachers tend to leave their computers locked rather than logging off, the next teacher that comes to teach then has to turn pc off and on before they can use.

Thank Post
    Unless you have fast user switching enabled (which most people don't), the only other way is to use a different machine.

If we're away from our desk when we find a locked PC, we just logon to the nearest free computer to run the script.
    I'm sure if we had enough time, we could even get it to unlock via our phones as long as we went to a webpage that could run the WMI command to logoff.

Thank Post
    Hasn't this just been discussed recently in this thread here, with a solution that actually works??

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123