+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, Windows 7 has disabled my key board and mouse in Technical; Last night I installed some Windows 7 (Ultimate) at home which disabled my Microsoft Wireless Laser 5000 keyboard and mouse. ...

Thank Post

Windows 7 has disabled my key board and mouse

Last night I installed some Windows 7 (Ultimate) at home which disabled my Microsoft Wireless Laser 5000 keyboard and mouse. Using an old hand cranked set I've searched for an answer which basically boils down to the software being blocked to a compatibility issue. I've been using this keyboard/mouse set up on this machine quite happily for a year. When I click on the "Check for solutions online" button I get the message that "Windows will notify me when solutions become available"
    I've rolled back the updates but without any luck. This may be a long shot, but has anyone else come across this problem?

Thank Post
    did you do an update or fresh install if update make sure all the drivers for them are gone before you update(might be worth updating with old cruddy kb/mouse) and tbh do a fresh install its likely to be more stable in the long run

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,340 Times in 739 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I've got Windoze 7 Pro on a box at home and I connected the MS Wireless Mouse 2000 and the MS Wireless Keyboard 1000 bundle on Monday evening. Same time I checked for latest updates and it found and installed them. Now every time I boot it re-installs them. Doing my head in but I've got bigger fish to fry at the moment.
    Last edited by tech_guy; 24th February 2011 at 08:40 PM.

Thank Post
    @sted I tried all these things last night, but still no joy.

I'm on decorating leave today so may have more time to play with this problem. It appears that Win7 won't run the install from the cdrom saying it's incompatible with the operating system. It wasn't incompatible when I installed the kit on the same machine with the same OS last June/July. I did find an update online last night and ran it, but still no joy from the keyboard, though the mouse is working after a fashion, if I turn it upside down it magnifies the screen 200%, and it's not as responsive as it was. My initial thoughts are that the keyboard has coincidentally failed in some way. What are the chances of that?

Just read my Op and it should read, "Last night I installed some Windows 7 (Ultimate) updates at home..."
    Last edited by beeswax; 25th February 2011 at 07:31 AM. Reason: sniffing paint has dulled my senses

Thank Post
    Just uninstalled SP1 (x64 bit) from my machine and keyboard & mouse are working again.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread