+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Windows 7 Thread, Windows 7 and Imaging in Technical; Originally Posted by dhorowitz Alright, I have found the copy of Sysprep, however after completing the Sysprep (with generalize box ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dhorowitz View Post
    Alright, I have found the copy of Sysprep, however after completing the Sysprep (with generalize box checked) and uploading the image I had created with Ghost, Windows tells me that "Windows could not finish configuring the system. To attempt resume configuration, restart the computer." I restart the computer and I get the same thing. Good thing I took an unprepped image before I created my Sysprepped one. Anyone see this before or can tell me where I can see the logs and possibly look at whats causing this error?
    A Windows 7 or a Windows Server 2008 R2 image deployment process stops when you try to deploy the image on another computer

I had the same problem with an image that would fail after sysprep and I wasn't including any of the things I'd seen flagged on forums as posssibly causing the issue (certain AV software, network printers etc). I rebuilt it for the umpteenth time and applied the hotfix this time round. Sysprepped and it worked first time.

Edit: I should say although the KB article mentions deploying to another computer, I had the same issue with the sysprepped image on the reference machine and the hotfix cleared this up.

Thank Post
    Yes I know this is quite an old thread but I've just hit this problem.

I prepared an image (thankfully only to be used on 4 machines) and on reboot got the error mentioned earlier. Tracked it down to the ESET anti-virus and have fixed it by doing the safemode method:

Code:
    Open command prompt from the error screen with Shift + F10

With Command Prompt open, execute the following

bcdedit /set {default} safeboot minimal

Reboot

It WILL fail again!! Now undo what you did above with the following command and reboot:

Bcdedit /deletevalue {default} safeboot
    To prevent it in future image creation (if you use ESET v5) then disable Self-Defense in ESET by entering Advanced Mode, going into Computer -> HIPS, uncheck the "Enable Self-Defense" box, restart the computer, and then do your sysprep.
    Last edited by themightymrp; 14th August 2013 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Modified method

Thank Post
    Don't put av software in your image.

You could have problems later.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,575 Times in 1,254 Posts
    These days there's WDS (Windows Deployment Services) or alternatively WinPE booting off a CD, which is compatible with numerous imaging products.

Thank Post
    Its probably because you need the c++ runtimes on the image to install the drivers. MDT just makes things easier.

Dont put an antivirus in the image. Its bound to screw sysprep. Use a virtual for capture. Use a wsus server for updates.
    Last edited by free780; 14th August 2013 at 06:58 PM.

Thank Post
    I've also had many broken images before i realized putting NOD32 on a master image PC simply means headaches!.

If you want, Ive got a runonce reg script somewhere, which installs NOD and uses a config file you specify (network reachable - or local) on first boot. - works like a charm, built it when i last had that issue.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12