+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, Creepy IE8 Issue which is getting worse in Technical; This problem is starting to bug me and I really to find out what's going on rather than taking the ...

Thank Post

Creepy IE8 Issue which is getting worse

This problem is starting to bug me and I really to find out what's going on rather than taking the "rebuild last resort" option.

The issue only started on a few websites with some of out admin staff. Sites like hotmail.com and few other common ones would crash IE8 completely. A reset of IE8 would solve it. Then our whole suite of library computers did the same. We were running Windows 7 on older AMD processors with 1GB memory. My guess was lack of memory and the 2GB upgrade and IE9 Beta has solve the problems.

Now in one of our IT suites, 3 computers have a persistant IE8 problem where it crashes on any website when logged in as a student. Teachers and our admin accounts when logged in don't make it crash. The problems are related to ntdll.dll. We have compatibility mode turned on by default which helped get round some of the problems we had earlier on.

Anyone else had this issue? I will post the crash logs if people want them. I'm very tempted to put my new test student AD Group Policy in place to see what happens.

Thank Post
    Dear oh dear. I've just done a bit more crunching on the add-on side of things. My colleagues have only told me a bit of software that was problematic earlier this term and it co-incides that the software installed an IE add-on. Turned it off while in the student user and the crashing stopped.

If anyone wants a warning on where the software came from, it was called SANAKO. It's extremely poor remote teaching software.

3. Thanks to Tunster from:

psydii (29th November 2010)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,212 Times in 761 Posts
    Oh Sanako. Is there anything you can't break?

We had a language lab from them in my last school. In the 4 years I was there it was actually operational for a grand total of about 2 weeks.

5. Thanks to AngryTechnician from:

psydii (29th November 2010)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Just about to start looking for Language Lab software, so thanks for this timely heads up!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread