+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, Laptop prob - server file permissions weirdness in Technical; I have a problem I can't make sense of - hoping some bright spark might suggest some things I could ...

Thank Post

Question Laptop prob - server file permissions weirdness

I have a problem I can't make sense of - hoping some bright spark might suggest some things I could try.

I found the problem due to users of some Lenovo Windows 7 netbooks finding they didn't have the the right desktop/start menu shortcuts and home drive, while mapped, gave access denied. As far as I'm aware this is an isolated problem with these Lenovo set of netbooks. I'd say over half have this problem, and seem to do it quite consistently - some are fine however. Here's what I've found;

- Logging in as local admin and open \\server\home$ (location of our redirected folders) I get access denied. I can however access admin shares on the server (c$ etc) (n.b 'everyone' has read access to home$)

- Removed one from the domain, still had the same issue.

- Rejoined to domain in Computers OU, confirmed via gpresult but still same.

- Hunted through event log on client and other than the folder redirection failures I couldn't see anything useful.

Is it possible for the server to black list the computer somehow? I can't think what else it could be.
    Last edited by Tricks; 22nd November 2010 at 12:31 PM.

Thank Post
    Well not all that surprised I had no replies given it made no real sense. I have got them working now by disabling Offline Files and Transparent caching - surprising how often that fixes problems that make no sense Still doesn't explain why it was only this specific set of Lenovo laptops that were affected though, we have several laptop trollies and staff laptops as well.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread