+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, iMac Keyboard profile problem - Windows 7 bootcamp in Technical; Hi, We setup a dualboot Mac suite over the summer with OSX and Win7, All working OK except the keyboard ...
    HCC
    Thank Post

iMac Keyboard profile problem - Windows 7 bootcamp

Hi,

We setup a dualboot Mac suite over the summer with OSX and Win7, All working OK except the keyboard special keys when running windows.

Students have mandatory profiles which are setup on a network share. This works great on most of the Windows 7 Computers, but the iMac's have a strange keyboard layout and this confuses teachers because they press a \ and get # etc

Is there a group policy setting, reg key or batch script that I can setup so when users are on the apple computers it uses the Apple Keyboard layout setting?
    I did consider changing the profile but this would mess up the standard keyboard computers or changing the keyboards, but there has to be a way to do it.

Thanks,

Thank Post
    I think when I did this a while ago with xp, I used the MS Keyboard Layout Creator:

The Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator

IIRC, you make the right layout, and then add it into windows on all the other macs. You may need to remove any cached/local user profiles that were created before the layout was installed, or else they get the old layout. It doesn't say it works with win 7, but it might be worth a try.

HCC
    Thank Post
    Thanks for the reply but the keyboard profile is already on the macs. It's added by the bootcamp drivers and available in the keyboard layout settings.
    The problem is in the profiles, I can't see how I can specify a profile to be used when using the macs and another for normal computers as there is only one setting in the user properties.
    I could remove the user profile path and use the local default profile on each computer, but this would cause other problems e.g office setup wizard, program config options etc that are solved by using the mandatory profiles.

Changing the keyboards is looking like the easiest option at the moment.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread