+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, Windows 7 VM Ware / Server 2008 Can not get network printers to install----HELP in Technical; Hi All I've been sent out to a school today that has full Mac's with Win 7 Vm installed we ...

Thank Post

Windows 7 VM Ware / Server 2008 Can not get network printers to install----HELP

Hi All I've been sent out to a school today that has full Mac's with Win 7 Vm installed we have a mac mini server and a 2008 server for some reason some machines will get the printers though a vbs but others even when i run the script locally will not It's driving me crazy ive tried net use which completes succesfully but still does not list the printer and tried a simple vbs script running locally no errors just no printers visble. If i connect to it via the server manually it installs fine no problem. We have about 16 printers dotted about and about 70 teachers moaning that no printers are available Please help

Thank Post
    Can the vm resolve the netbios names and the fqdn of the 2008 servers?
    Look in the Application and System log for errors after trying to map printers.

Our solution was to deploy printers via group policy (using pushprinters.exe) which is supported out-of-the box on 2003R2 and up. We then use a .vbs to set printers based on location. Deploying via GPO (just create a printers GPO with pushprinters.exe added as a user login script, assign printers to that GPO) on an existing 2008 print server will take about ten minutes.

Thank Post
    Hi pete thanks for the reply i can resolve the netbios name and the fqdm the only way i could do it was with a batch file using rundll32 printui.dll,PrintUIEntry /in /q /n\\servername\printername anything vbs wise it just runs no errors but no printers its not ideal as i had to set up a batch file for each of the OU class's other than this im unsure what else i can do

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread