+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, Windows 7, accessing shadow copy on servers. in Technical; Hi We are running Windows 7 Enterprise edition, it is on the domain, and we have several Network Drives mapped. ...
    Thank Post

Windows 7, accessing shadow copy on servers.

Hi

We are running Windows 7 Enterprise edition, it is on the domain, and we have several Network Drives mapped. The network drives are connections to Windows Server 2003 and 2008 systems. My issue is, I am unable to see any Previous Versions on those network drives.

However, I am able to see previous versions on my local drives, so I know Volume Shadow Copies is working on my system. In addition, I am able to see Previous Versions on those same network drives on a XP client.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

Thanks

Can't talk now: The mother-ship is calling!
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,190 Times in 813 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Not sure this is really an issue. We have the same setup on our network [if I understand you correctly]

For clarification:

When logged on at the server you do not see any previous versions for files/folders?

When logged on at a client you can see previous versions and those previous versions include files/folders in network shares?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    Not sure this is really an issue. We have the same setup on our network [if I understand you correctly]

For clarification:

When logged on at the server you do not see any previous versions for files/folders?

When logged on at a client you can see previous versions and those previous versions include files/folders in network shares?
    Hi

It's the other way round, from a Windows 7 client we are not able to view shadow copies of network drives.

Thank Post
    Might seem like a silly question but do you have the correct permissions to see the copies on these drives. We had a case where because the file server permissions on shares were set incorrectly we couldn't view there shadowcopies. For Example Teacher X's home drive, we couldn't open it (user exclusive rights issue originally) so gave ourselves permissions, we then couldnt see any shadow copies of their drive. However if we logged onto the computers as tem and gave them the correct permissions all the copies appeared.

Maybe the user you are logging onto the server with has some right just on the server, such as he is a member of he local administrators on the server, sounds like an odd thing to do but i've seen way weirder things.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread