+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Windows 7 Thread, Redirection is... in Technical; Its applying correctly, now in eventvwr i get > Failed to apply policy and redirect folder "Desktop" to "\curriculum\Staffhome\redir\Desktop". Redirection ...
    Thank Post
    Its applying correctly, now in eventvwr i get >

Failed to apply policy and redirect folder "Desktop" to "\\curriculum\Staffhome\redir\Desktop".
    Redirection options=0x9001.
    The following error occurred: "Failed to build the list of known sub folders".
    Error details: "The system cannot find the file specified.
    ".

Litterally tearing my hair out!

the user 'redir' has full control of their folder, share permissions are set to everyone full control. ive even made the folder (\\curriculum\staffhome\redir\desktop)
    Last edited by DriftGrant; 6th August 2010 at 11:24 AM. Reason: extra info

Thank Post
    2 things to check that I've heard can cause that error;

1. that the move the contents to the new location option is unchecked
    2. that the 'grant user exclusive rights to folder' option is unchecked

I know the second one is counter intuative, as you do want the user to have exclusive rights, but if the folder security options are set correctly anyway unchecking this option simply means the policy won't make any changes to the folder security.

Mike.

Thank Post
    both unchecked =( trying everything to get these blooming documents to redirect...even trying a vbs to edit HKCU on logon!

Thank Post
    tried this vbs, it redirects the desktop like a beaut. instead of redirecting the documents folder it just creates another folder called %username% (e.g. testuser) and then the documents are in there. pictures doesnt redirect either.

Code:
    On Error Resume Next

' Set user redirect

Set WshShell = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Shell")
    wshshell.regwrite "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders\Favorites", "\\curriculum\Staffhome\%username%\Favorites", "REG_EXPAND_SZ"

Set WshShell = Wscript.CreateObject("Wscript.Shell")
    wshshell.regwrite "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders\personal", "\\curriculum\Staffhome\%username%\" , "REG_EXPAND_SZ"
    wshshell.regwrite "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders\personal", "\\curriculum\Staffhome\%username%\" ,"REG_EXPAND_SZ"

wshshell.regwrite "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders\Desktop", "\\curriculum\Staffhome\%username%\Desktop" , "REG_EXPAND_SZ"
    wshshell.regwrite "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders\Desktop", "\\curriculum\Staffhome\%username%\Desktop" , "REG_EXPAND_SZ"

wshshell.regwrite "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders\My pictures", "\\curriculum\Staffhome\%username%\Pictures" , "REG_EXPAND_SZ"
    wshshell.regwrite "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders\My pictures", "\\curriculum\Staffhome\%username%\Pictures" , "REG_EXPAND_SZ"

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,212 Times in 761 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DriftGrant View Post
    the user 'redir' has full control of their folder, share permissions are set to everyone full control. ive even made the folder (\\curriculum\staffhome\redir\desktop)
    Do they also have permissions further up the folder hierarchy? They will need at least 'List folder' rights on \\curriculum\Staffhome\

See Security Recommendations for Folder Redirection: Group Policy for the exact permissions that are needed.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12