+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, Add A Logo To The Logon Screen Frame? in Technical; Hello, I am currently trying to add a logo to the empty frame which is displayed on the windows 7 ...

Thank Post

Unhappy Add A Logo To The Logon Screen Frame?

Hello, I am currently trying to add a logo to the empty frame which is displayed on the windows 7 logon screen. The computer is set so that it does not remember who the last user was; this means that the account picture is always empty. I have followed the instructions below and successfully edited the dll file, but the centre of the frame is still completely transparent, you can see the edge of the logo on the inner edge of the frame, does anybody know if there is a way of fixing this so that the frame is not transparent in the centre? It is possible for this to be done as Dell does it to their machines. It seems to be a problem with the BMP image. Many Thanks, Ronnie.

In order to add a logo to the frame you must first take ownership of C:\Windows\System32\authui.dll. You can do this by doing the following using explorer, navigate to the System32 folder, right click on authui.dll, click on properties, click on the security tab, click on advanced, click on the Owner tab, click on the Administrators group, then click apply. Click on the permissions tab, click on administrators, click on edit, tick the allow box for the full control permission, click OK on any remaining dialog boxes.

Using the resource editor open the authui.dll file, browse to bitmap, then to 12223. Then you want to export/save the file as a bmp file.

Open both your desired image and the bmp file in the bmp editor. Resize your desired image to roughly 120x120. Copy the image to the picture frame and position as desired. Once everything is the way you want, save the file.

In the resource editor again, you want to replace the 12223 bitmap with the custom image created. After this is done, save authui.dll and you should be able to see the effects immediately, if not reboot.
    Last edited by Ronnie; 28th July 2010 at 08:41 PM.

Thank Post

Thank Post
    Thanks for that, have now added the logo.

Thank Post
    I have tried using this method to insert our logo inside the log on box, however i must be doing something wrong because after i have edited the authui.dll file and saved it when i reboot the machine i just get a black screen. If anyone could help with this it would be greatly appreciated.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread