+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Windows 7 Thread, Windows 7 - Printers - GAAAAAAH! in Technical; How do you get the drivers off the workstation into the server? - I've tried pointing the server to the ...
    Thank Post
    How do you get the drivers off the workstation into the server? - I've tried pointing the server to the files listed on the test page but it insists they're no good
    Look at your testpage that you printed and it lists all of the files that the printer driver is using, copy them all up to the server in a folder and try pointing it at that.

To be honest tho, if your happy running XP which is 32bit, then you should try the 32bit version of windows 7 instead, as it should work fine using the same driver already installed on the 2003 server. Do you really *need* the 64bit version?

Thank Post
    I'm gonna bump this thread because i'm suddenly having trouble with our C1100 and server 2008 64-bit. I'm not sure how to get 32-bit drivers on it for our XP machines that need to use the printer... Any tips please??

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marsdenprimary View Post
    I'm gonna bump this thread because i'm suddenly having trouble with our C1100 and server 2008 64-bit. I'm not sure how to get 32-bit drivers on it for our XP machines that need to use the printer... Any tips please??
    Sussed it- here's some GREAT advice- the drivers need installing on the Print server via a 32-bit machine. Connect to the networked printer as Admin, go to the additional drivers and check the x86 box from there and it installs them on the server. YES!!

More here: Print driver installation on 32-bit versus 64-bit servers - Ask the Performance Team - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12