+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, Slow login on 2 user accounts, profiles? in Technical; I have 2 Windows 7 computers on a Windows Server 2008 domain, recently the 2 office Windows 7 computers have ...

Thank Post

Slow login on 2 user accounts, profiles?

I have 2 Windows 7 computers on a Windows Server 2008 domain, recently the 2 office Windows 7 computers have been getting very slow on 2 user accounts that are mainly used on the 2 computers. My admin account with no profile, nice and clean logs on pretty fast, but the 2 user accounts in question take AGES to log on and off, profiles are only 2.6mb. Looked in event viewer and found a problem with redirection, but no real help.

I am after a GPO setting that displays the GPO been applied and not the 'Welcome' message when logging on, so I can see what GPO or processes is taking to long. After doing loads of googling I can't find one but sure there is one!

Thanks a lot
    Rob Holmes
    Last edited by robyholmes; 21st March 2010 at 09:26 PM.

Thank Post

Thank Post
    Thanks ever so much, that is what I was looking for, now these are my findings, the two slow processes when logging on are:

User Profile Service
    Preparing Dekstop

Just loaded up my test computer and its the same slow login on those 2 accounts. So to me its looking like a profile problem. As there profiles are very small (Around 2.5mb) why is it taking so long?

I will do some more testing. This domain setup isn't setup correctly as it was a 'My First Network' sort of deal, just for messing with and testing but I do now use it and so do my parents, so with Windows 7 on a 4Gb machine with a 1Gb network connection to be waiting. My own profile seems fine (It is over 400mb big!) and loads fine on my computer, when tested on my testrig it was slow on the 'User Profile Service' but 'Preparing desktop' wasn't that slow. Compared to the other 2 accounts it seems fast enough (And see as its 400mb, going to look in to that now, probs folder redirection problems I think, all sorted now tho.

Thanks

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread