+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, Removing Duplicate Folders in a users home in Technical; I have a 2008R2 Server with a few windows 7 clients and a few XP Clients. When creating the folder ...
    Thank Post

Removing Duplicate Folders in a users home

I have a 2008R2 Server with a few windows 7 clients and a few XP Clients. When creating the folder redirects i checked the "work with windows 2000/xp" option, this means that it creates and redirects a My Documents, My Pictures etc... folder. This works fine on both OS's the only issue is that on windows 7 it leaves empty un used folders called Documents, Pictures etc...

These are a problem as if the user saves to %USERPROFILE%\Documents instead of %USERPROFILE%\My Documents it will be saved to the local machine, i can also see allot of "My folders are all gone" problems cause by using the wrong folder.

At first i tried to use the folder management options in the GPO to delete the folder, but this didnt work.

Ive now got a script that delets the folder, but it has a permissions issue (obviously i cant change the permissions of everyons home folder on every machine).

I get no errors when this script runs during login but the folder is still there, is it possible that it just creates it if its not there?

Has anyone got a fix for this?

Thank Post
    I had the same problem and I also used the folder management options in the GPO to delete the folder which did not work.

What I did was create a user login script batch file with the following command since the test account was able to manually delete the local documents folder.

Code:
    rd /S /Q %userprofile%\Documents

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread