+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, Windows 7, App-V - Your Experiences in Technical; Hi, I am moving to Windows 7 + App-V over the summer (but starting the project now) and I have ...
    Thank Post

Windows 7, App-V - Your Experiences

Hi,

I am moving to Windows 7 + App-V over the summer (but starting the project now) and I have read through posts on the Windows 7 forum and I was wondering if anyone would care to share their experiences with these two technologies? any tips, tricks, scripts, etc?

Also, couple of questions about Windows 7
    - Is it possible to make the logon screen background rotate - if so, how?
    - What kind of pics do you use for wallpaper/logon screens
    - For the VL customers here, on Product Keys on VLSC, does the Win 7 - KMS key do Win 7 Enterprise activations?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,302 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by binky View Post
    Hi,
    - Is it possible to make the logon screen background rotate - if so, how?
    Like animate its rotation or just rotate the standard one as a static picture, if the latter yes.
    http://www.blogsdna.com/2698/you-can...officially.htm
    - What kind of pics do you use for wallpaper/logon screens
    School logo on a gradiant, have heard of other using student photos obtained through a school competition.
    - For the VL customers here, on Product Keys on VLSC, does the Win 7 - KMS key do Win 7 Enterprise activations?
    Yes got it setup like that at my sites, you will probably want to use the 2008 R2 server key if you have server licenses though as this will do both server and anything below it (7). You may also need to upgrade the KMS server if you are using an older version of it.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SYNACK View Post
    Yes got it setup like that at my sites, you will probably want to use the 2008 R2 server key if you have server licenses though as this will do both server and anything below it (7). You may also need to upgrade the KMS server if you are using an older version of it.
    Thanks, will that need 5 servers to get to the count before it will activate the clients?
    Last edited by ZeroHour; 16th February 2010 at 10:22 AM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,717 Times in 2,302 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Thanks, will that need 5 servers to get to the count before it will activate the clients?
    It will activate the clients after 30 7 or R2 machines are joined, it will activate the servers after 5 r2 clients have joined. Just use the KMS key on the servers up untill that point which works, it (KMS) seemed to activate servers before I had 5 R2s in place anyway when I did it which was strange.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,335 Times in 815 Posts
    Blog Entries
    As you may have read binky I have the rotation stuff happening for logon and wallpaper and at the end of the month we will have a guide posted on edugeek on how to do it all so watch this space. Like I said in the blog comments I have been making backgrounds based on school images and wallpapers included in 7 as some of them are very nice.

Thank Post
    I have just setup App-V with Windows 7. Nothing really to tell = there are no tips/tricks to let on about. The install and setup all went smoothly as per instructions.

Works a treat, however if you get Promissor virtualized - please let me know how you managed it!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread