+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, Windows 7 RC "buy a copy" shut down starts next month... in Technical; Posted on The Register Updated Microsoft will soon put the screws on those still running last year's free preview of ...
    richard_s

Windows 7 RC "buy a copy" shut down starts next month...

Posted on The Register

Updated Microsoft will soon put the screws on those still running last year's free preview of Windows 7 by incessantly shutting down their PC.

Starting on February 15, Windows 7 Release Candidate will begin displaying a friendly notice every few hours to either get paying or get bent. Come March 1, the PC will begin a regimen of automatic shut down every two hours.
    Read more here

Thank Post
    I picked up home premium for 50 ages ago when they were offering it, it's the first time i've bought a boxed version.

Thank Post
    Which reminds me that I still need to change this workstation over to using W7 RTM! A job for the half term I think

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie_monster View Post
    I picked up home premium for 50 ages ago when they were offering it, it's the first time i've bought a boxed version.
    Out of curiosity why did you chose this version to be the boxed version?

Is it that it's the only time you've upgraded OS without changing PC, or is it due to their reasonable pricing? I think lowering the price makes more people willing to actually buy a copy without obtaining it through other means.

Thank Post
    I've been putting off installing a proper version of 7, since I've been (somewhat stupidly) using the RC on my main project pc I use for video / web work. I've not actually had the time to reinstall everything since the end of November!

I intend to have my current DVD project finished in the next week or so, so I can avoid the warnings and shutdowns!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SC-UK View Post
    Out of curiosity why did you chose this version to be the boxed version?

Is it that it's the only time you've upgraded OS without changing PC, or is it due to their reasonable pricing? I think lowering the price makes more people willing to actually buy a copy without obtaining it through other means.

Usually i've either used the copy that came with the PC or had a work copy. This time I had an XP home netbook and I wanted 7 on 50 seemed like a good price 99.95 is just too much when the netbook was only 299.

[ame=http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-Windows-Home-Premium-Version/dp/B002DUCMT2]Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Full Version (PC DVD): Amazon.co.uk: Software[/ame]

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread