+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Windows 7 Thread, VNC and windows 7 in Technical; just installed the new tightvnc 2.01 beta on a windows 7 machine and i can connect from older version of ...

Thank Post
    just installed the new tightvnc 2.01 beta on a windows 7 machine and i can connect from older version of tightvnc to that machine well

i also have been down the ultravnc route as well but its more complex to get working but once it is working its as good as the new tightvnc

Thank Post
    The main issue im having with ultra VNC is when i click to blank monitor and inputs it blanks there screen but it also blanks my remote connection with the big VNC eye picture, what settings am i getting wrong for this to be happening because it seems completely random!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    RDP/Remote Assistance would surely be the way to go, especially considering it's built into Windows?

AT. Thanks for the tutorial btw. It's really useful.
    Most defintley we currently use ultraVNC for our windows xp and a few 7 clients. It was responsive and worked well with XP but having some issues with 7. Its slow to use and I find it a resource hog and we are having the ctrl+alt+del problem.

I am really interested in looking at remote assistance as well. I just tried it from my machine to a colleagues windows 7 machine and had problems connecting.

I check the firewall on colleagues machines and it was allowed and i also enabled remote assistance in my computer, remote.

Still doesnt work, any suggestions?

Command I have run is msra /offera and %windir%\system32\msra.exe /offerra. it says 'your offer to help could not be sent'

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank Post
    Moving away from VNC now, using impero on about 75% of the school and that is absolutely flawless! still got VNC setup as a backup but it seems to be fine now, i found with the ctrl+alt+del problem it goes away after a few months of use (very strange)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I use RealVNC here myself on Windows 7 and don't have any problems

Thank Post
    We have deployed our first win 7 machine and we used tightvnc acting as a server using the latest version running through lanview and it works without any problems. Ok, there was a version of tightvnc which didnt work as well but the latest release seems to work.

Thank Post
    I've got he latest version of UltraVnc and I can't get the ctl alt delete to work. It works OK as long as I don't need to do that! Help?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart_C View Post
    I've got he latest version of UltraVnc and I can't get the ctl alt delete to work. It works OK as long as I don't need to do that! Help?
    Overwrite the cad.exe in ultravncs install folder with the one i've attached, you'll still get a delay of 10-20seconds in it responding but with the latest version it's the only way i could get it to work (i can't remember where i got this or why it works over the other one now but suck it and see)

I deployed this with a file replace group policy preference
    Attached Files Attached Files

9. Thanks to mrbios from:

john (30th September 2010)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 934 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbios View Post
    Overwrite the cad.exe in ultravncs install folder with the one i've attached, you'll still get a delay of 10-20seconds in it responding but with the latest version it's the only way i could get it to work (i can't remember where i got this or why it works over the other one now but suck it and see)

I deployed this with a file replace group policy preference
    Cheers I will give this file a go and see if it helps as I cannot get ctrl alt del to work

Thank Post
    we use TightVNC's beta 2 and it works fine. server works fine with realvnc or most clients also.

Thank Post
    We use UltraVNC here and have the same issues. The cad.exe mrbios attached didn't help matters either. The only way I've found we can get the cad working is to enable UAC at it's minimal level but not to it's 'off' level.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Bot View Post
    We use UltraVNC here and have the same issues. The cad.exe mrbios attached didn't help matters either. The only way I've found we can get the cad working is to enable UAC at it's minimal level but not to it's 'off' level.
    Try copying it to your C:\Windows directory as well, im not sure why but i've got a copy of it in there on all our machines as well, so long ago now though i can't remember exactly what the fix was.

Also when using ultravnc with windows 7 i find i have to select connection speed other than auto, VNC crashes alot when set to auto but anything else works

Thank Post
    Thanks for the suggestion mrbios but still no go for us. Have tried changing the CAD file for both myself and colleague to no avail. I've got UAC on my machine set to minimum and it allows the 'send cad' command from a different machine. The weird thing was when I first used your CAD exe on my colleagues machine it worked first time. Got excited and tried it on another colleagues and it didn't so went back to the first machine and it wouldn't work then either.......

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Killer_Bot View Post
    Thanks for the suggestion mrbios but still no go for us. Have tried changing the CAD file for both myself and colleague to no avail. I've got UAC on my machine set to minimum and it allows the 'send cad' command from a different machine. The weird thing was when I first used your CAD exe on my colleagues machine it worked first time. Got excited and tried it on another colleagues and it didn't so went back to the first machine and it wouldn't work then either.......
    Ah are you changing the CAD file on the client or the host? as it needs changing on the client (may have just misread your post but it seemed as if you were changing it on the machine you were connecting from rather than to)

Thank Post
    I changed it on the client I was trying to connect too, assuming the icon runs the .exe from their HDD. Also tried changing it on my own machine to see if that made a difference but no good.

So to clarify I changed it on the machine I wanted to VNC too initially, it worked the first time but after it failing on another machine I tried it again on the one that worked and it decided it no longer wanted to. I have a feeling it's just one of those really annoying issues that make no sense! I do love computers sometimes

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast