+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, Windows 7 and "Devices and Printers" not loading in Technical; ...

Thank Post

Windows 7 and "Devices and Printers" not loading

I have a very strange problem!

I have built a windows 2008 R2 domain I have added a Win 7 PC to it. When I log on to the PC with a domain admin account I can access “Devices and Printer”. When I logon using a normal domain user account, “Devices and Printer” does not load. I end up with a white box with the green progress bar, but no icons! I have tested as local user account and it does the same. I have no GPOs applying to the user. The only GPO that applies to the machine is the default domain policy. I have nothing configured in this GPO above the standard. I have read on the net and the only suggestion has been to enable the Bluetooth service. I have tried this but to no avail. This has also been tested on two different computers (one Dell and one HP).

My Windows 7 PC is about to make a quick exit out the window! This is driving my up the wall, apart from this issue, I have a fully functional 2008R2/Windows 7 secured school domain

If anyone can test this issue on their windows 7 network I would be interested to hear if you have the same issue.

Thanks
    Edd Watton

Thank Post

Smile Fixed :)

Ok! it looks like I found the problem. It would appear the GPO that sets station permissions Windows 7 does not like! Once this policy has applied Windows 7 remains trashed, it would continue to not work even if the computer was removed from the domain. Anyway... I am now recreating the GPO to make it Windows 7 "friendly".

Hopefully I will have the new network finished ready to put into priduction in the next couple of days.

Thanks
    Edd

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread