+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, Another Windows 7 Boot up issue... in Technical; I had Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit on my computer and bought Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. I backed ...

Thank Post

Another Windows 7 Boot up issue...

I had Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit on my computer and bought Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit. I backed up all my documents, files, etc and booted from the install CD. I used the Windows 7 Setup wizard to format my C drive and do a clean install of Windows 7. This went through without a hitch. However, whenever I boot up my PC, it shows the following error:

'A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. If you have a Windows installation disc insert the disk and restart your computer. Click "repair your computer" and then choose a recovery tool. Otherwise, to start Windows so you can investigate further, press the ENTER key and display the boot menu, press F8 for Advanced Boot Options and select last Known Good. If you understand why the digital signature cannot be verified and want to start Windows without this file, temporarily disable driver signature enforcement.

File: \windows\system32\winload exe

Info: Windows cannot verify the digital signature for this file'
    When I press enter to continue, I get taken to the "Select OS" screen and the only option listed is "Microsoft Windows Vista".

I've noticed that when I leave the Windows 7 disc in the DVD-ROM drive, it boots up with no issues at all. When I take the disc out and boot up, I get the error above. I've checked the file winload.exe and it is digitally signed.

Any ideas?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    open up system properties, goto advanced tab, Startup and recovery - see what is on the default OS list

also is it showing windows is installed on the C: drive? - if you are happy to format and start from scratch make sure all drives are deleted and make a new drive

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DAckroyd View Post
    open up system properties, goto advanced tab, Startup and recovery - see what is on the default OS list
    Will do that when I get home, thanks.

On a totally unrelated (and starnge note), my firends were discussing the Ghostbuters movies as soon as I got an e-mail pop up saying "DAckroyd" replayed to my thread! :P

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    sorry - I am in fact the wrong one... first names don't match for a start - also different spelling of ackroyd iirc

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DAckroyd View Post

also is it showing windows is installed on the C: drive? - if you are happy to format and start from scratch make sure all drives are deleted and make a new drive
    The only OS listed is Windows 7 which is correct and it is showing on the C drive (which is the same drive I had Vista on before I formatted)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread