+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, Windows 7 in a Windows 2003 domain. in Technical; My organization is currently running a Windows 2003 domain. We did until recently, use roaming profiles. But decided to turn ...
    sch

Thank Post

Windows 7 in a Windows 2003 domain.

My organization is currently running a Windows 2003 domain.

We did until recently, use roaming profiles. But decided to turn off this feature as we're now on a level where more or less every user has their own computer. We had some problems with folder redirection and the users profile with Windows 7, but this got better after we turned roaming profiles off.

But now i have runned into another headache. Windows 7 users are experiencing, randomly, that their monitor goes black when they log in. The only solution i have found to this problem, is to delete the users local profile.

Computer works fine for a while after, then all of a sudden, when they come to work one morning and log in: black monitor after login. If i log in as a local user, or a user who does not have a local profile already, i find nothing in the event viewer or anything that can indicate as to why this is happening.

If the user with this problem logs in on a computer with win xp it works fine.

Now, it would be nice if someone knows about this, as i imagine this problem will only grow in numbers when more computers are upgraded to Windows 7. Or if anyone has any idea as to what exactly in the profile could be causing this?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,691 Times in 1,264 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I found it was a cronic issue with 2003, having called the technet engineers, they're recommendation was switch to 2008 R2 as 2003 and Win 7 dont like talking to each other much! (General gist of conversation after about 3 hours on the phone!)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    I found it was a cronic issue with 2003, having called the technet engineers, they're recommendation was switch to 2008 R2 as 2003 and Win 7 dont like talking to each other much! (General gist of conversation after about 3 hours on the phone!)
    Well, I don't know about this. We run SBS 2003 on one site and it talks to 32 W7 PCs and 10 XP PCs with no obvious problems. We don't use roaming profiles, just folder redirection. It's fine.

sch

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    Hehe, i don't doubt it would make things easier. But that is easier said than done in our case, considering manpower and finanical resources Oh well, if i come across any other solution i'll throw it up here, i doubt that tho! Wasted enough time on this already Thanks for the replies!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread