+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, How many are running triple monitor setups for gaming in 7 in Technical; [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSuQGJSnp3w"]YouTube - Triple monitor Gaming Dread Style[/ame] Here is my rig. Just wondering how many here are running 3 monitors ...
    Thank Post

Cool How many are running triple monitor setups for gaming in 7

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSuQGJSnp3w"]YouTube - Triple monitor Gaming Dread Style[/ame]

Here is my rig. Just wondering how many here are running 3 monitors and if they enjoy it or not.
    Also if I am missing anything or if you notice any problems with the setup let me know.
    This is my first build and I have been working on it for about a year now. Limited on cash and most of the
    comp like the monitors came to me broke and I replaced caps and such. (I love broken stuff) So in total I have spent $1010 on my rig.
    I am new to all of this I just got on a laptop 2 1/2 years ago and started playing Unreal 2004 at the bar
    on wifi. So please don't be to crucial if I have missed something. But by all means let me know what you
    think.

Thank Post
    But can it play FreeCell?

Thank Post
    I've ran triple monitors on occasions, but I'm not big on FPS etc, so its only really been taxed by GTR: Evolution and GTR2

It's such a shame double monitors aren't as good, it's incredibly annoying due to the stupid bezel!!!

Thank Post

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by AyatollahPies View Post
    But can it play FreeCell?
    I have a Ubuntu 9.04 partition also with compiz cube and all that jazz. It's fun but I like my Win 7 for games and such. It was just a novelty to have transparent windows and a desktop cube in linux. But no real grafix power...No Direct X support at all yet. I could get some fixes and such and play a game I beat on PS2...Eight years ago. Or I could just live with what I got.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Just gave it a try last night - got a new video card (ATI 5770) and thought I'd have a poke
    Quite nifty and it's not slow at all, but just dont have the room to run 3 screens permanently

Thank Post

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by synaesthesia View Post
    Just gave it a try last night - got a new video card (ATI 5770) and thought I'd have a poke
    Quite nifty and it's not slow at all, but just dont have the room to run 3 screens permanently

It is fun! I still need to upgrade my vid card in a bit. Bet she runs nice. I want one but I don't think I will get 5770. I don't like the 128bit bus. But if you OC the Ram just a bit you will see a nice increase in your frames and stability to a point because you open the memory bandwidth. That is the bottleneck in these cards and in mine. Enjoy I want Eyefinity soooo bad I cannot stand it.

Thank Post

Talking

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUUxhvkSFBw"]YouTube - Crysis 3 monitors DREAD Style[/ame]
    Just a little show of how my machine preforms crysis in Win7 little off topic but I didn't want to start a new thread. This is also on my online server MCM in Crysis Wars. Running media player all of my chat apps vent and another few things I'm sure I cant remember now.
    It is so stable I could cry and the whole thing is this possible because I have win 7. In vista I could not run to proprietary video drivers but now I can. Enabling me to run ATI and Nvidia side by side for this performance. I could not afford to get another video card and these are what I had. so Win 7 saved me for gaming. I could have had this setup in XP but then no DX10.
    Last edited by dread696924; 30th October 2009 at 04:55 AM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Very nice!!! Max I've ever had was two monitors.

Thank Post
    My new desktop with Eyefinity and a 8800 for PhysX and extended monitors. I will post picks of the setup in my office when I get my camera out. Still have to unpack and such. The computer is out and set up though.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread