+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Windows 7 Thread, Windows 7 wont install Adobe cs3 in Technical; A friend of mine finally convinced me to install Windows 7, and he had good reason to. This OS really ...

Thank Post

Windows 7 wont install Adobe cs3

A friend of mine finally convinced me to install Windows 7, and he had good reason to. This OS really lives up to the hype thats been going on...but, Im having trouble installing an ESSENTIAL program(s) to this great OS, Adobe CS3 Design Premium. I installed Windows 7 (32-bit) from a DVD, with the product key, which I think is the "clean install" Ive been hearing about. I read something that says Windows 7 doesn't recognize a certain file associated with Cs3, maybe thats why it wont load. I m running on a pentium 4, with 2.75GB of ram, 32 bit.

- When I insert the software DVD, the autoplay feature pops up, then Windows "User Account Control" asks me if I want to allow the changes.

- I click "Yes," and then the "Adobe Creative Suite 3 Design Premium" window pops up and gives me the option to: Install CS3 Design Premium; Install Adobe Acrobat 8; and Browse CD.

- I choose "Install CS3" and then a window "Initializing Adobe Creative Suite 3 Design Premium" with a progress bar.

- The bar fills up, but when it finishes nothing happens.

I checked the tasked manager and see that, that adobe setup.exe is running somehow, but nothing happens. I have search on Adobe forums and google for possible solutions, but nothing has worked so far. I have tried:

- Runnning the setup application from the DVD (in Adobe Design Premium CS3 folder) as "Administrator"
    - Ran "wincs3clean," to remove any existing adobe programs from the system.
    - Ran ccleaner, to fix/repair any registry problems or anything else.
    - Tried copying the content of the DVD onto the desktop and run it as Admin.
    - Used the command.exe (as admin) and ran the "regsvr32 jscript.dll" and "regsvr32 vb(something)"
    - Ran Windows 7 in "simplified" mode, where I disabled any services/processes from interferring with the setup, through the msconfig feature.
    - Cleared the Windows temporary files, as this was a solution for Vista, I thought might work.
    - Tried updating my drivers, everything was uptodate.
    - Called Adobe Technical support, waited about 30 mins, and then was told "Adobe does not support Windows 7, so the install may or maynot work." (They could help if they wanted to).
    - Tried restarting in a previous version, to see if it would install, but the admin password that I had before isnt working now for some reason.
    - Uninstalled flash player before install attempt.
    - Ran Windows Installer Clean up.

Ive seen reports of people having Adobe CS3 installed on Windows 7 and working fine, so I know its possible. Its just frustrating that I cant get it to work. Somebody (bodies), please help me. Let me know if there is any other info needed. Ive struggling with this for some time now.

Thanks A-Mil in advance,

Gary D.

Unvalidated User
    Thank Post
    I think this is an Adobe issue, I had very similar problems installing Master Collection on Windows XP. I'm running windows 7 on my office machine and have almost all of the applications from Master Collection installed and running.

I tried a lot of different things on XP and non of them worked apart from a format, which is obviously a real pain!! One thing I was told to try that I see you haven't mentioned was deleting the Adobe folder from the "Documents and Settings" on XP which I presume translates to the "Users>USER>AppData>Local>Adobe"

Good luck!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,405 Times in 850 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Hey,
    A "clean install" is regarded as a wiped pc, aka its all fresh and not an upgrade install.
    Do you have any other apps installed on the system such as anti-virus etc?
    I am sure there is a way to output a log file with the setup.exe -log for example but I cant find the switch right now.

Thank Post
    Yeah after posting the this thread, I read up on some things and ended up doing just that, deleting that adobe folder from the appdata folder in the user folder. Still nothing.

Thank Post
    OK, I might try the clean install as the last option, which is coming up real soon. No I dont have any anti-virus progs install, I had, but uninstall them since then. As for getting a log of the failed install, I tried using Adobe AIR, I think its supposed to record error logs for these types of things.

Thank Post
    You could always try it in a VM first. I installed CS3 production suite today and had no problems. New install of 7 Enterprise x64.

Thank Post
    Ditto on the no problems - we use Adobe CS3 web premium, and that installed into our Windows 7 builds fine....

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,967 Times in 2,182 Posts
    Installs and works fine for me on Windows 7 x64. I did initially have a problem with the CS3 installer not finding AdobePDF.dll, but that happened with Vista x64 too.

I reckon a clean install is your best bet.

Thank Post

Unhappy

Just install Windows 7 on a new computer and then tried to install CS3. It went through all 4 disks but when finished It had a list of programs that it could not install. The only programs it did install was Bridge, Device Central, ExtendedScript Toolkit, Extension Manager, Flash CS3 Video Encoder, Adobe StockPhotos and Soundbooth

Thank Post
    turn off UAC first.

Had this under Vista too.

Thank Post
    I have CS3 working without any issues on 64bit Windows 7

Thank Post
    As above you need to turn off UAC, I had issues where I'd installed Adobe PDF Reader before hand aswell I had to remove that and clear settings out of my user account.

Thank Post
    In Windows 7 I haven't found a place to turn if off, I can only use the slider and slide it to the bottom where it has been all the time I since I tried to install CS3

Thank Post
    It installed fine for me. Just set the installer to run in vista or xp compatibility mode and ur all set.

15. Thanks to IT_Master from:

KimHJ (11th November 2009)

Thank Post
    How do you set the installer to run in Vista / XP mode?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast