+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Windows 7 Thread, Win 7 Release Date, Oct 22nd in Technical; ah fair enough. There's a folder called "default" in c:\users, have you tried copying a local profile over that? It ...
    Thank Post
    ah fair enough. There's a folder called "default" in c:\users, have you tried copying a local profile over that? It should act in the same way the "Default user" profile did on XP.

Thank Post

i tried

no i tried all that, you cant do it, you are now, supposed to 'tell' the pc during the sysprep stage the profile that is used for the default, which is a nightmare, especially if win7 can only be 'sysprepped' several times like visturd.
    Its just another example of making things hard work, which is all we ever get from microsh@ft.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie_monster View Post
    @ Quackers: Really? I didn't take to Vista at all and I gave it a good go on my work PC, I think 7 is way better than Vista and I will even move off of XP for it. I think explorer is an inprovement myself I also love the start jump menus, of course that's all just a matter of opinion.
    I agree 7 is better, but only in the way of it being a polished Vista, its still to Vistarish for me.

I hate it making every last file icon a preview of the document, i could identify documents very quickly by its icon and name, now i cannot. Turning this off does not help, as now the one type of files i want to preview pictures no longer do :mad XP does this perfectly.

I hate this "My Downloads", "My Contacts", "My Searchs" "My Saved Games", and the whole user profile redesign, more useless stuff to redirect causing more headaches. Windows XP/2000/NT4 had User profiles right...

I hate the new address box/bar you get in Windows Explorer at the top, i prefer it to be in "C:\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop" for example not this "SOMTHING>SOMTHING>SOMTHING"

I hate the way the icons are designed so big by default they can be seen from space.

I hate these new control panel applets, big bulky cluttered things , such as the System one. XP had it right. Its more effort to get the say the Join a computer to a domain screen

I hate the new Wireless Networking menu's. In XP it was simple and efficent, now i get frustrated and wound up just trying to add a wireless network, it should not be so dam hard. Why can i not just double click the wireless icon in the system tray and straght away see the wireless networks like in XP?

Those are just a few of my many hates for Vista, and 7 has not fixed or solved any of them.

Thank Post
    Ive used the 64bit RC on my main machine at home for a while now and i am impressed. Never ran vista on it, jumped from xp to 7.

I havent come across any problems with doing my day to day stuff. and it does seem to perform a little better in game (direct x 10.1 ).

Although i do use linux on every other machine, and this one gets used for games and films so im probabbly not messing around quite as much as would if i used it for everything

Thank Post
    Tbh I’m sometimes a stickler for change I turned on the 'classic control panel' in XP for ages but you eventually get the hang and often wonder why you ever thought the old way was good. I think the Windows 7 design will be easier for people that don't know the old interface inside out like most techs it is more intuitive in my opinion.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Read somewhere yesterday that it was going to be $49.99 for the win7 upgrade. Cant remember where I saw it though, Ill go try find the source.

Thank Post
    That sounds too good to be true but would be great, also a free upgrade from Vista as an apologie would be great.

PEO
    Thank Post
    does anyone know if microsoft have realesed any exam material for this yet? I decided not o study for vista and wait for windows 7, which seems to more popular.

any ideas?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    @ PEO, this might be worth a read.

CertCities.com | Column: Microsoft Windows 7 Exam Begins Beta

It appears the Win 7 Beta Exam 71-680 started on 27th April. and more information about that can be found http://blogs.technet.com/betaexams/a...nfiguring.aspx

James.
    Last edited by EduTech; 7th June 2009 at 04:35 PM.

10. Thanks to EduTech from:

PEO (7th June 2009)

Thank Post

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie_monster View Post
    not sure where I read it last week but picked up on it somewhere..

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123