+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Windows 7 Thread, Is it just me? in Technical; i know what you mean, i have dual booted my work laptop and havent even booted into it yet, my ...

Thank Post
    i know what you mean, i have dual booted my work laptop and havent even booted into it yet, my NC10 has it on which i use in bed and i have a new partition waiting on my Desktop at home to put 64bit version on.......... still not done it. until punkbuster works then i dont think i'll be using it as a main OS

zag
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Vista was awful, it will go down in history as just as windows ME did.

Windows 7 is simply what vista should have been so for that, I'm pretty excited

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ittech View Post
    Vista was awful, it will go down in history as just as windows ME did.

Windows 7 is simply what vista should have been so for that, I'm pretty excited
    is it just me who never had probs with vista then? lol
    what probs did people find?

Thank Post
    From a personal PoV I had no issues with Vista whatsoever... when I ran it at work, it was horrifically slow browsing network shares (which was the main killer), it didn't run some bits of software properly. Haven't tried SP2 on Vista though.

Thank Post
    My first impressions of Windows 7 have been it's hardware requirements. A few years ago my new Dell (P4 3Ghz, 512mb RAM - I said it was a few years ago !) came with Windows Vista Home Basic and it was so slow it was unbearable. I went back to XP quick. But having downloaded Windows 7 RC it will actually run quite nicely on my Celeron 2.5Ghz 512MB Acer laptop! Considering Microsoft's recommended hardware requirements and compared to Vista I have to say I was impressed!

Admitedly, other than that I haven't noticed any big changes, although there may well be a lot changed in the background that I wouldn't see. I would agree that I'm not so sure about the new taskbar as well. Whatever happened to "If it ain't broken, don't fix it?"

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gavins38 View Post
    Whatever happened to "If it ain't broken, don't fix it?"
    "Progress"

Lots of things were never broken but change is necessary otherwise...it'd be 1950.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mrforgetful View Post
    "Progress"

Lots of things were never broken but change is necessary otherwise...it'd be 1950.
    You're right and I agree with you. Just not sure that the change to the taskbar from Vista to Windows 7 is really a helpful change.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gavins38 View Post
    You're right and I agree with you. Just not sure that the change to the taskbar from Vista to Windows 7 is really a helpful change.
    Would have agreed with that last week, however, the more you use it, the more sense it starts to make.

Tom

Thank Post
    I dunno, time will tell.

I hate the change that's made it over from Vista of everything opening in that little section of the Start Menu.

I like th XP menu.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Well, dock your startbar to the left/right of your screen (if you use widescreen) and make proper use of it

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPerceptron View Post
    From a personal PoV I had no issues with Vista whatsoever... when I ran it at work, it was horrifically slow browsing network shares (which was the main killer), it didn't run some bits of software properly. Haven't tried SP2 on Vista though.
    I had a teachers Vista pc in for "repair" today. Its Core2Duo with 3gb ram so decent enough but omg i nearly through the thing out the window! It took 20 minutes to get it to connect to our network, both wired and wireless. No spyware, viri, etc, just one of the worst OS's ever made. Turns out that because it couldnt see microsoft.com (only servers see our gateway), it assumed the network was broken so wouldnt connect. What an f'in brilliant idea MS.

I gave the laptop back to the teacher, turned back to my Windows7 laptop and breathed a sign of relief that it was over.

Every time i use vista i swear it will be the last.
    Last edited by j17sparky; 20th May 2009 at 06:02 PM.

Thank Post
    hehe... for those who don't like the new SuperBar, you can enable labels for all the icons when they're active - which is what I do.

It still functions the same as without, just it tells you with words the title of the application as well as the crazy icon.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information