+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Windows 7 Thread, Windows 7 in Technical; [QUOTE 7 is clearly the OS of the future, they've done it right this time.[/QUOTE] i don't think they have ...
    Thank Post
    [QUOTE 7 is clearly the OS of the future, they've done it right this time.[/QUOTE]

i don't think they have got it 'right' yet, things are a bit easier to find than in visturd, but for me there are still several major flaws, the main one is you can't set up a default local profile without using the 'sysprep' tool !!!--- WTF??,
    And a classic start menu/desktop, look/feel is definately missing, and also the silly number of folders, why not just stick with 'my documents'??
    As for useablility in school, or for small children/special needs, i will have to do masses of work to make windows 7 actually 'user friendly' and i'm sure it will never be as customiseable as windows xp.
    So apart from the speed improvements, and a few annoyances removed, i'd give it 4/10, as perhaps one person at microsh@ft maybe got stuck in a lift, and actually had to listen to someone 'in the real world' who actually had to endure ( nor use) their products. Which is probably the reason for the changes -lol

moan over

Thank Post
    If the start menu is something you don't like, there's a regkey change you can make to convert the "Favourites" area into a fake XP style extending program list which worked quite well I believe when I tried it out. I like the new taskbar and start menu though, it's much neater than Vista's (don't know why) and it's a damn sight easier to use especially for kids who a clever enough to use the quick find option than use all programs.

The run command still exists... you can use the shortcut or just add it back in the same way you would add/remove it in XP.

In my experience, staff complain whatever you do, so you either provide a machine where they can just play with it, provide resources on how it differs etc, or just leave them on XP (you could tell them to suck it up and deal with it if you're feeling brave...)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,567 Times in 1,407 Posts
    Well I only took the plunge and installed it this morning I've never done much with vista but 7 on my little lappy is running quite nicely.

Just need to find a micro dimm to upgrade the one removable 256mb stick to something a bit larger and I'll be golden.

Ben

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterW View Post
    You mean Vista 1.5 right

unless they attended PDC.
    Vista - Now Fixed

Thank Post
    I think the taskbar overhaul is great, once you get used to the functionality of it it has made using a lot of programs at once so much easier, same for the start menu, I hardly ever search through the list anymore, its usually just straight into the start search.

Thank Post

give feedback

I'm not sure if anyone is listening, but in windows7 there is a away to 'give feedback' to microsoft.

firstly you need to follow the instructions on this article :-

How to remove Windows 7 Beta ‘Send Feedback’ link and wallpaper watermark - TechSpot Blog

but set the dword to 1

then after a reboot, you need to press windowskey+r to open a run box and type

rundll32.exe FeedbackTool.dll ShowWizard

that then opens the 'send feedback box'

Maybe someone might listen ??

Thank Post

???

did anyone try the above feedback option ?, or does anyone know where this feedback goes to?

i suspect it is sorted to ' those that disagree with us ' inbox, and auto-deleted without a glance ?

Thank Post
    I got a couple replies to some of my feedback, so they used to read them early on!

9. Thanks to pscott from:

farmerste (13th May 2009)

Thank Post

which version

which version of windows 7 was that, i was refering to the 'send feedback' button which was not available in the current release

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456