+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, RM Build Failing for New Hp Machines (Realtek) in Technical; Got an issue thats baffling me at the minute, we've just purchased a number of new HP machines (Laptops and ...

Thank Post

RM Build Failing for New Hp Machines (Realtek)

Got an issue thats baffling me at the minute, we've just purchased a number of new HP machines (Laptops and Desktops) I tested and built one of each before ordering using the RM Build Client. But weirdly on build at the install 'additional packages stage' they all but a few seem to fail. The Desktops use a Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller card as my assumption was the network card?

All other computers can still be imaged, and we're on a CC4 network. The driver version for that card it the latest one and I've checked on the machines and they all run the same driver! Ive reset the server host and cleared the Microsoft queuing list as asked to do by RM, has anyone got any windows 7 machines with those cards running correctly on an RM System? Of course that is me assuming its the cards fault!

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm fast running out of ideas!

Thanks

Steve

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by steveo2000 View Post
    Got an issue thats baffling me at the minute, we've just purchased a number of new HP machines (Laptops and Desktops) I tested and built one of each before ordering using the RM Build Client. But weirdly on build at the install 'additional packages stage' they all but a few seem to fail. The Desktops use a Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller card as my assumption was the network card?

All other computers can still be imaged, and we're on a CC4 network. The driver version for that card it the latest one and I've checked on the machines and they all run the same driver! Ive reset the server host and cleared the Microsoft queuing list as asked to do by RM, has anyone got any windows 7 machines with those cards running correctly on an RM System? Of course that is me assuming its the cards fault!

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I'm fast running out of ideas!

Thanks

Steve
    We have a CC4 system and have both HP laptops and PCs and they build fine - after we spent time messing around with drivers. The usual point of failure with drivers is the Win PE phase so I'd be surprised if it fell over at the installing additional packages stage because of them.

I have had the same issue in the past and it has been various things including dodgy packages. What I would do is try building one of them to main site or even the Packagebuild folder. That way you can rule packages out.

Hope this helps

Steve

3. Thanks to truebluesteve from:

steveo2000 (22nd July 2014)

Thank Post
    Thanks for your help on this! Would it be possible to tell me if your cards are Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller and when driver version you may have? I'll give the package build group a go in the morning.

Thanks again

Steve

Thank Post
    Yep can do. There are loads of Realtek drivers and in the end we made a specific build disk for our HP Laptops, which also seems to work with the desktops.

We have RMMC issues at the moment so it may not be tomorrow 😒

Thank Post
    Thanks so much would be really grateful if you can check when you can. The machines all PXE boot and it gets to just after the bootstrapper phase of the install so I'm not sure adding them to a build disk would help? Whats the problem your having with RMMC maybe we can help!

Thanks

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by steveo2000 View Post
    Thanks so much would be really grateful if you can check when you can. The machines all PXE boot and it gets to just after the bootstrapper phase of the install so I'm not sure adding them to a build disk would help? Whats the problem your having with RMMC maybe we can help!

Thanks
    It's properly broken and 3rd line are looking at it - again! The problem isn't helped by the fact that our FRDC is running server 2003 and was updated from CC3 so has lots of legacy stuff on it. We are virtualising it and moving to Server 2012 at the end of August, so hopefully we will see the end of these issues. Thanks for the offer though!

Sorry I didn't mean build disk - I meant the driver files. I assume RM think it is driver related or is this your hunch?

Thank Post
    Hope you get is sorted! Its very confusing, some machines of the same sort build (very few) most just hang at the additional packages part. All my other machines build just the new laptops and desktops don't! Ahhhh! Stressing me out! So I'm hoping its just a driver issue, ill try some other versions tommrow and pray! In the mean time I hope you get sorted!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread