+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, Need help with MS Word/Win7 in Technical; Hello everyone, this is my 1st topic and 1st time writing here, I was hoping if you guys can help ...

Thank Post

Question Need help with MS Word/Win7

Hello everyone,

this is my 1st topic and 1st time writing here, I was hoping if you guys can help me out with this issue.

I am working hospital which employee print alot ms word document but using the wrong settings in MS Word, Printer settings are fine, I want to change the Default Page size to A4, however I cannot do one by one because we have over 2000 PC in the hospital.

Any idea guys how I can do it by group policy or anything like that?

Thanks in advance

Thank Post
    Hi, do you have the MS Office ADM's (e.g. these are the 2010 ADM's Download Office 2010 Administrative Template files (ADM, ADMX/ADML) and Office Customization Tool download from Official Microsoft Download Center) imported on your server's group policy console - I think (but am not 100% sure) that you can set the default paper size on the new Group Policy options the ADM templates give

Thank Post
    I assume that the printer is installed to a server? Can you not just change the default printer options on the server in "Devices and printers"?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 1,250 Posts
    I agree with the above, look at the defaults on the printer driver first. If these are already set to A4, then you need to look at whether it's users themselves changing paper sizes, creating problems.

As far as I know, there isn't any Office GPOs relating to paper size - but it's still a good idea to have ORK tools installed.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    I agree with the above, look at the defaults on the printer driver first. If these are already set to A4, then you need to look at whether it's users themselves changing paper sizes, creating problems.

As far as I know, there isn't any Office GPOs relating to paper size - but it's still a good idea to have ORK tools installed.
    Thanks guys, I will try tomorrow and let you know

Thank Post
    Like @cooka said, if the printer is shared out from a server, you should be able to adjust the defaults server side and they'll trickle down to the clients. Usually (on the server) right click the printer in question, "Printer Properties"-->Advanced Tab-->Printing Defaults button. From there, things will look different depending on the driver being used, but there's usually a place to set the default paper size.

Also, random thought, but we've seen in the past where certain printers (HP printers mostly) will attempt to detect what size paper is in a particular tray by where the paper guides in the tray had been pushed. Someone could have gotten a little careless when refilling the tray and moved that guide to an undesired paper size, which is sometimes reflected when you go to print in an application.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread