+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Windows 7 Thread, First experience of ZooStorm not Brilliant in Technical; Hey Guys One of the Admin staff needed a new machine she's the equivalent of a Buisness Manager and her ...

Thank Post

First experience of ZooStorm not Brilliant

Hey Guys

One of the Admin staff needed a new machine she's the equivalent of a Buisness Manager and her old Dell was close to 7 years old. The best and cheapest machine I could find was an i5 ZooStorm with Gigabit Ethernet, 8GB RAM and an 128GB SSD.
    The components inside look decent, ASUS motherboard, Samsung RAM and Kingston SSD. Bit of a mix match but they're all good brands as far as I'm aware so it didn't bother me. Though after spending a day getting all the services setup and configuring the computer I took her old one away and gave her the new ZooStorm beast, I do have to say it booted and logged in under 5 seconds incredibly fast!

Now I'm having issues where the computer will just randomly drop connection (ethernet of course) for no reason and will loose the Mapped Drives etc... I can't see a reason so I updated the Ethernet Driver and made sure that the turn off to save power feature was unchecked in Device Manager but she's still having problems?
    No other computer in the school has this issueI find it all really weird and can't get my head around it, I hope to god it's not a faulty machine, what do you guys all think?

Cheers!!

Thank Post
    Check the ASUS website to see if there's a bios update

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    i think you should of gone to @ICTDirect_Dave

4. Thanks to Tesla from:

ICTDirect_Dave (6th June 2014)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    ^ This

I must say we've not had any experience of zoostorm hardware, but I have tried to speak to them about doing business together from time to time and their communication was shocking! I hope the customer support is better

Thank Post
    what ethernet controller is on the motherboard? We have an issue with some stone machines doing the same in one of our rooms and I think it's the onboard controller . Try a NIC just to rule anything else out?

Thank Post
    Zoostorm customer service is the absolute pits. Have had two dealings with them, once for a dead hard drive, the other for an order of 25 PC's. They were utterly uninterested in the warranty claim (did eventually get replaced after spending waaaay too much time on it) then cancelled the order and bought Lenovo USFF PC's instead (much better PC's for not much more money) Would avoid them like the plague. They get business because they're cheap, sometimes you have to buy to a price point, but such a thing as too cheap.

Thank Post
    We had a faulty HDD in one machine and they sent an engineer to replace it. We had to show him how to remove the HDD.

Thank Post
    Try hard setting the speed and duplex on the machine, if that doesn't work if it's on a managed switch set it on the switch too and see what happens

Thank Post
    Cheers guys. It was the inbuilt Realtek NIC, I replaced it with a spare PCI one and it works perfectly fine, ZooStorm are so rude contacted them about the issue and they just said they're not supposed to be used on a network WHAT! Anyway won't ever buy another from them.

Thank Post
    thought it might be, glad you got sorted, send it back.

Thank Post
    What was the motherboard?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by free780 View Post
    What was the motherboard?
    ASUS H8M1-K.

Thank Post
    Thanks for that. I've got 100 zoostorms with that board in. If you google around their are numerous posts about the boards network connectivity dropping. I've had a issue where Windows 7 intermittently freezes on boot. Its very hard to replicate. There is a new BIOS version 0804 which rectifies the issue. I don't want to add nics to 100 pc's really. Zoostorm support didn't seem to help much. I went to ASUS but they don't seem to understand the need for things such as detailed release notes for BIOS updates. Asus have a bit of bad reputation in our office particularly with motherboards. I just wish zoostorm or asus could state their is a issue and that a fix is being worked on.

they just said they're not supposed to be used on a network WHAT!
    Network connectivity is standard even if being used at home.

Feel free to PM me or post here if you get any other issues.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by free780 View Post
    Thanks for that. I've got 100 zoostorms with that board in. If you google around their are numerous posts about the boards network connectivity dropping. I've had a issue where Windows 7 intermittently freezes on boot. Its very hard to replicate. There is a new BIOS version 0804 which rectifies the issue. I don't want to add nics to 100 pc's really. Zoostorm support didn't seem to help much. I went to ASUS but they don't seem to understand the need for things such as detailed release notes for BIOS updates. Asus have a bit of bad reputation in our office particularly with motherboards. I just wish zoostorm or asus could state their is a issue and that a fix is being worked on.

Network connectivity is standard even if being used at home.

Feel free to PM me or post here if you get any other issues.

Glad to know I'm not the only one, the woman I spoke to at ZooStorm I don't think really had a clue what I was going on about as soon as I said Mapped Drives, she then spoke to someone else and said they should not be part of a domain network, I just face palmed as she didn't understand anything and hung up.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,173 Times in 900 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Just bought quite a few via CP Ltd (luckily, means we haven't got to deal with zoostorm!). They're badged as Education machines though, so they absolutely should recognise the network side of things!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast