+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Windows 7 Thread, First experience of ZooStorm not Brilliant in Technical; Originally Posted by synaesthesia I'll say it now - @ CPLTD are *brave*. We are indeed (braver than most, perhaps) ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by synaesthesia View Post
    I'll say it now - @CPLTD are *brave*.
    We are indeed (braver than most, perhaps) We've worked with Zoostorm for over 4 years now, equipped hundreds of units to lots of different sites edu/business and otherwise.

Although I'm certain issues arise, they also appear with all of the main players (don't get me started on HP of late!) as always it comes down to your relationship with the manaufacturer and the reseller that supplied them.

Guaranteed that if any of the issues above had been with our clients we'd have done everything in our power to support them, it's what separates companies like us from online e-tailers - service.

To anyone posting that you wouldn't consider purchasing them, i'd recommend taking us up on the reliability guarantee. After all there's no better way we can demonstrate our faith in them as a vendor than by putting our money where our mouths are.

Good to see Zoostorm on here also, I hope anyone with issues sees them resolved as swiftly as possible.

Joe
    Last edited by CPLTD; 1st July 2014 at 05:06 PM. Reason: Jeff Spelling

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,089 Times in 837 Posts
    Blog Entries
    @CPLTD: The amount we've bought are from you We shortly considered a batch return today, decided with stocks and timing we're better off resolving it ourselves. Your reliability guarantee was the main swinging point towards buying these as opposed to identical units from Very. The lower price of the Zoostorm units on it's own wouldn't have been enough otherwise, but that sort of guarantee shows you guys are comfortable enough with them (You're welcome to send someone down the road whilst we open a few to see what I mean)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Perhaps my post should have read:

"...Guaranteed that if any of the issues above had been with our clients (and they'd have mentioned it!) we'd have done everything in our power to support them...."

We can nip over and see them, however we take your word for it. We've discussed this with Zoostorm today and they'll be in touch swiftly.

Joe

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Cheers It's not the end of the world; it could even be pot luck that the one machine I opened to compare with the Very units and check the innard brands used and the second unit installed today were the only 2 friday builds of the bunch As has been said, we've all seen HP/Dell/Acer/Appple/insert other brand here machines suffer from "when did %company% hire stevie wonder to do their builds?" syndrome

5. Thanks to synaesthesia from:

CPLTD (2nd July 2014)

Thank Post
    @rad uefi or BIOS ?

rad
    Thank Post
    Let me elaborate on the original post

The ZooStorm computers are built with an image on (unsure of 7 or8 as haven't booted but think its 8)
    Changed BIOS to boot from network so I can PXE boot using the RM build/image environment.
    Build fails immediately after entering credentials on "partition disk"

A call to ZooStorm gave the initial response, so I logged a call with RM who provided a link to a Tec article. Quite simply the RMsystem doesn't like the ZooStorm image and requires the HDD to be cleaned using a CMD prompt. Once cleaned/formatted the RM image will then progresses normally.

Please note, this is probably a get around to sort but I haven't had the chance to look into it further.

Thanks to ZooStorm for PM'ing me to investigate further.

jaf

Thank Post
    @rad This isn't an issue specific to Zoostorm, it will occur on any PC/laptop/device which has Windows 8 installed using a GPT partition when you try to build to CC4. See http://www.edugeek.net/forums/o-s-deployment/138770-cc4-failing-partitioning-disks.html

9. 2 Thanks to jaf:

CPLTD (2nd July 2014), rad (2nd July 2014)

Thank Post
    Never used RM stuff. Sounds like a clean all diskpart command is needed.

rad
    Thank Post
    @jaf
    Thanks for the information, it was helpful and is what RM had told me.
    This is the first time of purchasing computers outside of RM to build onto an RM network, unfortunately I missed the thread you link to.

As an education supplier I would of thought ZooStorm would of come across this issue before.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    OK, Side by side comparison from the Very Flex to the Zoostorm model.

Chassis: Brandable, identical.
    Power supply: Same "brand" - (can't see what it is) but the Very uses a superior 80+ certified supply. The zoostorm isn't.
    Mainboard: As the chassis are bought in bulk these will differ obviously - Very as we know use ECS kit. The Zoostorm is Gigabyte (in this case, no doubt these can and will change as new parts arrive, preferential pricing changes etc)
    RAM: Kingston in the Very, "spectek" in the Zoostorm.
    SSD: Kingston in the Very (I think, blue anodized unit), Sandisk Pulse in the Zoostorm.
    Warranty: 3yr on the Very as standard, 3yr for the Zoostorm + CPLtd's 1yr reliability guarantee.

Opened another couple of the Zoostorm's this morning, no loose screws or anything in those, one loose sata power cable to the SSD though.
    Last edited by synaesthesia; 2nd July 2014 at 01:22 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234