+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, Windows 7 Cursor in Username box in Technical; Hi all, a bit of a strange one....... We are running Windows 7 Desktops with 2012 server backend. No other ...

Thank Post

Windows 7 Cursor in Username box

Hi all, a bit of a strange one.......

We are running Windows 7 Desktops with 2012 server backend. No other overlays to speak of.

My issuse is when the PC be it desktop or laptop start up and gets to the logon screen the cursor is not in the "Username" box. Infact it does not seem to be focused anywhere at all even hitting the tab button doesnt seem to make the cursor appear there at all. However if i logon to the machine then off again the cursor is happily blinking in the username field.
    From when the system were installed as FRESH no migrations of setttings nothing. however we have put a corporate background on the logon screen which displays the school logo etc. Could this have caused this ??

Can i set in group policy the username field is focused on start up ??

As i say this is purely a niggle not life and death.

Thanks all for your time on this.

Paul

Thank Post
    I used to get something similar to this with a terminal service implementation and it was an oddity with graphics drivers, might be somewhere to start looking.

Thank Post
    Impero installed by chance? Is the request for assistance button stealing focus?

4. Thanks to koryo from:

DaveP (28th May 2014)

Can't talk now: The mother-ship is calling!
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,321 Times in 906 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by koryo View Post
    Impero installed by chance? Is the request for assistance button stealing focus?
    Now there's a thought! We see the same issue and we do indeed have Impero installed. However I have told Imero to remove the Request Assistance button from the logon screen and the desktop [not 100% successful]

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    Now there's a thought! We see the same issue and we do indeed have Impero installed. However I have told Imero to remove the Request Assistance button from the logon screen and the desktop [not 100% successful]
    Yeah I have seen it once or twice here so it was just a hunch. I haven't had much time to look into this as it's more an annoyance than anything else, however I did notice that the request assistance button is highlighted with a spotted border (inferring it has focus). Just thought I would throw it in here to see if i'm crazy or not

However I have told Imero to remove the Request Assistance button from the logon screen and the desktop [not 100% successful]
    That's a tough read. is it that you have told Impero to remove the button and it hasn't removed from all of your workstations? Or that it is removing the button but your still having the same issue?

Primax98 - Do you have Impero as well? (3 people with the same issue using the same control software. what are the odds? )

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    That's a tough read. is it that you have told Impero to remove the button and it hasn't removed from all of your workstations?...
    This is what I meant: I told Impero to remove the button and although it has gone from some it has not been taken off them all: This despite the stations having been restarted and the setting was changed some time ago [some months ago: Long enough to take effect!]

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    This is what I meant: I told Impero to remove the button and although it has gone from some it has not been taken off them all: This despite the stations having been restarted and the setting was changed some time ago [some months ago: Long enough to take effect!]
    Check group priority as machines are probably in a group which has it turned on. If right click a machine a properties and then choose 'Resultant Set of Settings and can see for groups you have access to. Also check console access rights to make sure you have access to every group etc.

Russell
    Last edited by russdev; 30th May 2014 at 07:45 AM.

9. Thanks to russdev from:

DaveP (30th May 2014)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by russdev View Post
    Check group priority as machines are probably in a group which has it turned on. If right click a machine a properties and then choose 'Resultant Set of Settings and can see for groups you have access to. Also check console access rights to make sure you have access to every group etc.

Russell
    I do have access to every group [I make sure of that each time I create a group] I think all I need to to, as you have suggested, is to check where this setting is turned on [which of my groups has it set] Once I have found that it should be problem solved.

Thanks.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by russdev View Post

Russell
    Hi Russell

Can you confirm if this focus issue is somthing that has been reported to Impero at all?

Thanks

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hi Russell

Can you confirm if this focus issue is somthing that has been reported to Impero at all?

Thanks
    I will get one of my team to confirm everything and I will post back.

Russell

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread