+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, Proxy settings and network drive issues in Technical; Hi I am having issues with proxy setting and network drive. When pupils login some of them are not getting ...

Thank Post

Proxy settings and network drive issues

Hi

I am having issues with proxy setting and network drive. When pupils login some of them are not getting the proxy settings and some of them are not getting pupil common drive. This does not affect all user. Proxy settings and mapped drives are pushed out using group policy. I have checked their profile in AD and they are a member of pupil group and are in the right OU. We are using server 2012 and windows 7 os. Any idea what I need to looking for or how I overcome this issue????

Thanks in advance

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    We have this problem from time to time and we are finding out that the GPO settings are not being updated if the computer has been up for a long period of time. We ended up reimaging the lab and it seems to have come right. as to the exact problem i have no idea.... Other then getting the computers to shut down every night.....

Thank Post
    Could be one of many issues, seen a lot of them before, first place to look is to check sysvol is replicating properly (had lots of issues with this in 2012) to each of your DC's - have had it where one was out of whack and when clients got GPO's from that one they never recieved the settings because the GPO was not there, when a machine next to it was connecting to the valid sysvol on another server and getting settings perfectly. If all OK with that delete your GPO and recreate it...sound fishy but have seen it fix this issue before. check networking wifi / hard wired.... and then the list continues.......

Good Luck

Thank Post
    ardvark is right to say check your DC's are replicating ok, I'd try to see if you can spot a pattern, upon the PC's that don't get the GP find which logon server they used, run "set" from a CMD find
    the LOGONSERVER=
    Also a GPRESULT /R to find which server issued the group policy to that PC. Compare that to PC's that have no issues then go from there it's usually easy to find the troublesome DC.

in the mean time it's not a fix but a workaround is to get all your PC's to run a GPUPDATE /FORCE upon logon via your logon script - messy but would get you by till you find the culprit DC.

Thank Post
    HI

I know I am going over old ground but you need a plan to look at this.

Do you use bg info as a wallpaper. Try it its good! Add the log on server and other details.

Now look for patterns. Are the computers connected to the same switch. Is is a perticular make model or nic. Perhaps a updated nic driver.

Check the servers are replicating.
    date
    Check the time and date on the computers they need to be within 5 mins. Check the computers set there time against a domain controller and check the servers are the correct time and date.

Check the switches are they twinking or flashing you could have a loop. If they are is tree spanning activated on the switches.

Check the event viewer on the domain controlllers for errors. Look for things like network being disconnected. Check the nic card drivers.

Do you use ip6 or ip4. You might need to have a look at disabling rss or chimney see Disabling TCP Chimney Offload, RSS and NetDMA in W... - HP Enterprise Business Community if you are running windows 2008.

Now look at gpos are all the users using the same gpos one could be corrupt.

Check you are applying proxy settings with preferences rather than the old proxy settings.

Have a look at sniffing your network and look for arping devices or broken nic cards.

Some times computers dont wait for the group policy have a look at Windows 7 Clients intermittently fail to apply group policy at startup

Check gpo is applied Always wait for the network Control How Group Policy Is Applied At Logon

Richard

6. Thanks to ricki from:

ninjashadow (10th April 2014)

Thank Post
    Thanks guys for the info.

We only have 1 DC and that is using Server 2012.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread