+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, IE 11 proxy issue in Technical; Hi all I have installed the IE11 admx templates and they are showing in group policy on my 2012 server, ...

Thank Post

IE 11 proxy issue

Hi all

I have installed the IE11 admx templates and they are showing in group policy on my 2012 server, the problem is i can not get the test pc to recongnies the settings for the proxy server. I have not configured any settings from User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\internet Explorer so that when i log in on the test computer i can browse all settings. I am unable to find anywhere in the above area to put the proxy settings, so i have created a new Internet Explorer 10 setting under User Configuration\Preferences\Control Panel Settings\Internet Settings and entered the proxy settings there.

When i load IE11 on the test computer it says this page cannot be displayed, because i haven't touched any other settings i am then able to go to settings, internet options, lan settings, and see that the proxy server address is blank and the port is set to 80, not the settings i need.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ajames View Post
    Hi all

I have installed the IE11 admx templates and they are showing in group policy on my 2012 server, the problem is i can not get the test pc to recongnies the settings for the proxy server. I have not configured any settings from User Configuration\Administrative Templates\Windows Components\internet Explorer so that when i log in on the test computer i can browse all settings. I am unable to find anywhere in the above area to put the proxy settings, so i have created a new Internet Explorer 10 setting under User Configuration\Preferences\Control Panel Settings\Internet Settings and entered the proxy settings there.

When i load IE11 on the test computer it says this page cannot be displayed, because i haven't touched any other settings i am then able to go to settings, internet options, lan settings, and see that the proxy server address is blank and the port is set to 80, not the settings i need.
    When setting the Group Policy did you go into the Advanced part of the proxy settings? (to make sure all protocols use the same port and to add local exclusions)

If so, that is likely your problem.

Thank Post
    yes, i have Use the same proxy server for all protocols ticked, should that be done.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ajames View Post
    yes, i have Use the same proxy server for all protocols ticked, should that be done.
    It's not the ticking that causes it. It's the actual process of just going into that advanced menu.

Recreate the GPO without going into Advanced and see if it works.

Thank Post
    No joy, same error, its just not pulling the details

Thank Post
    IE11 has a known problem with Proxy.. revert back to IE10 and don't let the PC update to IE11 cause it will confuse Chrome and FF as well.

Thank Post
    Is there a red dotted line under the proxy settings. If there you have to press F5 in the proxy box to turn it green then it should apply the settings.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread