+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, Force log off in Technical; Hi all, We have a few instances of software that cause the following to be displayed when a member of ...
    Thank Post

Force log off

Hi all,

We have a few instances of software that cause the following to be displayed when a member of staff logs out -

Untitled-1.jpg

The above is just an example, more often than not it's SIMS that causes this as the members of staff just don't bother to close it down before logging off and walking away.

I'm wondering is there a way to skip this step all together and just log the user out? It's possible to cancel the log out when the above happens and continue using the computer as the user, which could lead to potential security issues.

Thanks in advance.

Thank Post
    Not that I would suggest doing it, but perhaps a logoff script that uses the /force part of the logoff command? (that's if the scripts run at that stage)

Problem is it'll never give someone the chance to save work etc if they haven't etc etc.

Steve

Thank Post
    Tell the users to close all applications before they logoff, especially SIMS. Problem solved!
    But seriously you are trying to find a solution to a problem that lazy users are causing.

Thank Post
    This is a user problem. It needs solving with training (carrot) or discipline (stick). Problems emerge when no-one is willing to swing the stick or the user is not fond of carrots and simply ignores their use.

Whenever I find computers in a state of partial log off I inform my line manager and CC the head of department where the computer was found, before logging them off.

Thank Post
    I think there are free software readily available that can shutdown/sleep/hibernate the computer if its idle for extended period of time. This would solve the unsaved work problem, raised above, if a computer forcibly shutdown using a script. I don't have any specific program in mind right now though.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread