+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, High Contrast Mode - More Customisation in Technical; Just wondering if anyone has come across this, and can maybe offer some suggestions? We've got a student who at ...
    Thank Post

High Contrast Mode - More Customisation

Just wondering if anyone has come across this, and can maybe offer some suggestions?

We've got a student who at times, has problems with her vision and therefore struggles to use a computer. I've enabled access to the accessibility options for her and as standard she now uses High Contrast mode and this is helping her a lot, but at times she still has problems.

I'm not 100% sure of her ailment, but I was wondering if anyone was aware of any third party software that may do a similar role for her, but allows more customisation of the config, as it can differ day to day on what she can/can't see properly.

Also, does anyone know of a way of making Publisher display in high contrast? The rest of the office suite does it fine, but Publisher doesn't and the student seems to want to use publisher for a lot of things. I assume, the reason it doesn't display as high contrast is becuase it's supposed to be a publishing tool so you'll need to see it as the finished document would look, but it would still be helpful to have this option whilst she's working at it.

Thanks in advance.

edit - I should mention I've tried Window-Eyes, but I can only seem to get it to act as a narrator.
    Last edited by gtg93; 20th January 2014 at 01:39 PM.

Thank Post
    I've just tried Publisher with HC mode active and Publisher looked pretty high contrast to me (XP/Publisher 2007). Is this different to what you're seeing?

3. Thanks to spadam from:

gtg93 (20th January 2014)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by spadam View Post
    I've just tried Publisher with HC mode active and Publisher looked pretty high contrast to me (XP/Publisher 2007). Is this different to what you're seeing?
    Sorry, I should have been clearer - it's the actual canvas that's displayed white and causes the majority of the issues, whereas word actually inverts the black text on white background to white text on black background.
    hc mode.png

In Publisher, you can get this affect by changing the page and text colour, but obviously this causes issues when printing it.

Also, we're on Win7, Office 2010.
    Last edited by gtg93; 20th January 2014 at 02:38 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread