+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, Odd Windows 7 IE Group Policy being applied in Technical; We've got a problem with appears to be rogue Internet Explorer Group policy or setting being applied (see below). Every ...
    Thank Post

Odd Windows 7 IE Group Policy being applied

We've got a problem with appears to be rogue Internet Explorer Group policy or setting being applied (see below). Every time I go into the LAN settings it shows "Some settings are managed by your system administrator". It's currently set to an incorrect proxy setting which is preventing users from changing it and updating to the correct proxy even though that's set in another GPO. I've tried moving computers/users out of all GPO's with nothing other than the default domain policy but the LAN proxy settings are being applied regardless of whereabouts I move the affected computer/user. I've checked local and AD group policies but can't see this being set anywhere?

I've even tried logging on as a local user account to that computer but it still has the settings greyed out!

IEmanaged.jpg

I've checked all relevant group policies, local policies and I can't see where this is being set. Can anyone suggest other locations where it could have been configured? I'm starting to wonder if it's been installed as an IE managed install which has it hard-coded as part of our standard computer image?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 1,250 Posts
    The Default Domain Policy surely (from what you describe). Alternatively, create a new OU move a new user/computer object into it and block Policy Inheritance. If this works, then you need to establish using Group Policy Management where it's being set. It could also be a GPP regedit or indeed a script, so look in these areas too.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    If it's being set for local users then it may also be a settings that's made it into the Local Group Policy somewhere/somehow, or it's being applied as a computer setting.

Run RSOP on an affected machine and if you go and navigate to the GPO setting then it will tell you which GPO has applied it under the precedence tab.

Thank Post
    I know this sounds ridiculous and you may have already tried it but have you tried doing gpupdate /force after you have moved the computer to a new OU?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread