+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, Stop student accessing Libraries from Office Apps in Technical; Hi all, Recently we had students trying to hack the network so I have cut down their access to minimal, ...

Thank Post

Stop student accessing Libraries from Office Apps

Hi all,

Recently we had students trying to hack the network so I have cut down their access to minimal, so that they can only access their documents through Computer and their homedrive. I have hidden their access to Libraries or so I thought.

When they go to open work or save in Office apps they can still get access to Libraries/Documents and I want to stop this, the reason being as the Libraries allows them to see the entire path to their work '\\server\share\year\user' and I dont want them to see this even though they can't get into others work I would rather not give them the temptation.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Thank Post
    Make sure that the Libraries are removed at the time of imaging, copy the admin profile to the default profile before you image, then set the copy profile value to true in your answer file. As the windows docs are not the best on this here is a link to the info we used to get shot of them on our student machines Deployment Research > Research - How CopyProfile really works in Windows 7 Deployments

If you are not able to reimage then you can try to gp a reg hack you can find those here How to Enable or Disable the Libraries Feature in Windows 7

Hope this helps

Thank Post
    Thanks HPLum, ill have a look at that when i am next re-imaging, but I am looking for something else for now. I have added the Office template and setup the File open save dialog box to default to the N:\ (user drive), but when you click Open it is still taking them to the Libraries/Documents.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread