+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, Clients losing connection to (some) network drives in Technical; Helllo!! I have been busy diagnosing a problem and now my head is hurting after banging against a wall. We ...

Thank Post

Clients losing connection to (some) network drives

Helllo!!
    I have been busy diagnosing a problem and now my head is hurting after banging against a wall.
    We have a networked server 2003 with folders which are mapped as drive letters through group policy on clients.
    Clients have been loosing connectivity to the drives : "<drive letter> is not accessible The specified network location name is no longer available"
    The print server is hosted on the same server as are a few other mapped drive letters - connectivity is lost to these too.
    We have other network mapped drives on the server that do not loose connection and settings on the folder mapping is the same
    I can ping the server and dns can resolve the server name. There is a connection to the server after the session has been idle for 15 minutes (as the feature session disconnects after 15 min of idle)
    I disconnect from the mapping but cannot reconnect as the network name is not in use with the name "The specified name is no longer available"
    #Confused

Thank Post
    Update - when we log the user out from an affected machine and login as an administrator the problem persists.
    This suggests that there is some trust problem between the server and this machine?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread