+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Windows 7 Thread, IE11 now available for Windows 7 in Technical; Originally Posted by Michael It's still not clear whether it'd work with Exchange 2013, as it runs in IE7 Compatibility ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,839 Times in 2,096 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    It's still not clear whether it'd work with Exchange 2013, as it runs in IE7 Compatibility Mode essentially.
    OWA Premium is supported for IE7 with Exchange 2007 & 2010, just not with Exchange 2013.

Last edited by Arthur; 28th November 2013 at 01:56 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,575 Times in 1,254 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    OWA Premium is supported for IE7 with Exchange 2007 & 2010, just not with Exchange 2013.

This is what I mean - All Office 365 installs are now based on Exchange 2013. Only admins with in-house Exchange servers have more flexibility, however I still think IE11 is better blocked until early 2014 at least. It doesn't really offer anything above IE10, other than hardened security. I've not had the chance to look at it in detail.

Thank Post
    Just to double check : our WSUS does not syncronize "Update Rollups" - so does this mean we will be safe from WSUS presenting IE 11 to our windows 7 clients?

Thanks

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 1,036 Posts
    All i have done the last few days is remove ie11 from peoples machines who it causes conflict with various websites!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kennysarmy View Post
    Just to double check : our WSUS does not syncronize "Update Rollups" - so does this mean we will be safe from WSUS presenting IE 11 to our windows 7 clients?

Thanks
    That's correct, but I would still recommend you import it and decline it yourself. You'll then have absolutely no worries of it suddenly being deployed.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by glennda View Post
    All i have done the last few days is remove ie11 from peoples machines who it causes conflict with various websites!
    I totally agree, it seems IE11 is more problematic than it's worth at the moment. I'm speculating those poor Windows 8.1 users will no doubt download an alternative browser, as of course IE11 is bundled with 8.1.

Thank Post
    I've just been notified of an upgrade to our Office 365 for education subscription and IE11 has just installed itself on my laptop. I want to rollback but not sure if the new Outlook WebApps will work without it. Grrrrr!!!!!

Thank Post
    Looks like there will be no fix for OWA Premium for Exchange 2007 SP3, because it is only in extended support.
    Oh well, compatibility view it will have to be then.

Released: Microsoft Security Bulletin MS13-105 for Exchange - Exchange Team Blog - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

Look about 1/3 - 1/2 way down the comments.

Thank Post
    Hi guys - first time poster! (Also apologies for hijacking!)

We're currently running two Exchange 2010 servers on W2K8R2 VMs. We have IE9 deployed around the school after much aggravation with trying to get IE10 rolled out (that's by the bye though), but one member of staff a few weeks ago mentioned that at home when trying to access his emails he was restricted to the 'light' version. After a quick Google I discovered that IE11 isn't compatible so assumed his home computer was running that and talked him through how to add the site to the Compatibility View list as I found this to solve the problem. He was happy with the solution and it hasn't bothered him since but, despite peoples' views about it, we're looking to roll out IE11 site-wide at some point.

Now, I actually found the solution to get IE11 working with Exchange 2010 and OWA before coming here, but I'm here because I'd like some clarification/advice before proceeding with the necessary updates, which we'd like to do over Christmas so it's one less thing to think about come start of term:

We're running SP1 (no Update Rollups) on both servers. Is there any recommended procedure to upgrading two servers that work in conjunction with each other to SP3 + Update Rollups? Would updating one server fully be fine and then the other? Or should we update both servers simultaneously (i.e., SP3 on both, then Update Rollups on both sequentially)? Is there anything out of the ordinary we need to be weary of before proceeding?

Cheers for any help.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,212 Times in 761 Posts
    AFAIK you can update them independently. Personally I'd still be minded to get them both up to SP3 first and then apply the update rollups.

Best advice I can give you about applying update rollups (since it sounds like you haven't done them before) is to apply them via WSUS where possible, and where you can't (newer rollups that aren't in WU yet) make sure you run the .exe from an elevated command prompt. The update rollups are notorious for not requesting elevation when they need it and will balls up your OWA if they don't run elevated.
    Last edited by AngryTechnician; 19th December 2013 at 09:01 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234