+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, IE9 problems: tab opens and closes rapidly then IE fails. half my PCs affected today. in Technical; I'm still diagnosing, but I'm getting machines that when starting IE today look like they're trying to open the first ...
    Thank Post

IE9 problems: tab opens and closes rapidly then IE fails. half my PCs affected today.

I'm still diagnosing, but I'm getting machines that when starting IE today look like they're trying to open the first tab continuously. (tab open and closes rapidly) I made a firewall change last night (SWGFL) but I don't see how this would affect only some of my PCs?

The firewall rule allowed port 80 and 443 direct access to the TUTE.com servers. I mention this as I've never made a rule to allow direct access before. All pupils logins point to my proxy ISA box on port 8080. So the new rule should not affect them? (as it's made for a special pupil account with no proxy details)

Otherwise I'll check for an IE9 update?

Thank Post
    Tute will also need 1935 for Adobe's RTMP. (We're looking it at here, too, just a heads-up)

Can't help you with the firewall though. Can you revert the change without causing too much disruption and see what happens?
    Did you get this months round of updates? There were exploit fixes for all versions of IE6+, could they be doing something? (Or: Could not having them be doing something?)

Thank Post
    Yes, the RTMP I did last week, but they insisted that the tute.com website not have its packets altered and should bypass all proxies. (Not happy about that)

my ISA proxy won't pass any traffic from an unknown user and their software doesn't request data using the domain credentials of the current user. (ISA says user unknown, denied blah)

Thank Post
    I hate myself.... I did solve this problem. Forgot about this problem, deleted yesterday a useless looking setting in a gpo.. and now I have this issue again. I can't remember how I fixed it but I do remember it took trial and error.... I was hoping that I'd posted the answer here....

btw it was nothing to do with tute...

Thank Post
    If I were you I would definately just use chrome or firefox Internet Explorer 9 does a lot of weird things.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread