+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Windows 7 Thread, trust relationship in Technical; Originally Posted by witch I disabled Startup Repair in both my schools and I get very few trust relationship issues ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    I disabled Startup Repair in both my schools and I get very few trust relationship issues anymore. It is definitely related to the netbooks not being shut down properly - at the junior school the teachers stand over the children till the netbook has shut down but at the middle school the children take the netbooks back to the trolley, often in another block, by themselves and I reckon they just shut them in order to get away quickly. @CBlunt I think you might find that people have already said taking things off the domain and putting them back on again solves it.
    even simpler than that just remove the word .local (assuming your domain is school.local) from the domain in the same place and rejoin it in 1 reboot

Thank Post
    Hi all

I am getting this issue lot recently

i have run the cmd script with as shown in post 2 and i am still getting trust relationship issues!

any ideas what else i can do?

Thank Post
    Is System Restore disabled?
    This whole thing comes about because Startup Repair (which the bcdedit script disables) seems to perform - in some manner - a system restore or rollback (which in turn causes the trust relationship issue)

Thank Post
    i have gon through all machines and run a bat script in which below is present

bcdedit /set {default} recoveryenabled No
    bcdedit /set {default} bootstatuspolicy ignoreallfailures

i will need to look at the affected machines to see if it has disabled it or not but as far as i know it did

Thank Post
    More accurately, the BCDEdit script doesn't disable Startup Repair.

What it does do, is stops the 'Launch Startup Repair or Start Windows Normally' screen you're prompted with when booting after an incorrect shutdown (such as holding down the power button, as our kids are so prone to doing) so the laptop can't accidentally boot into Startup Repair (by idling for 30s) or by having that option selected.

The underlying issue won't actually be solved if the machine has already 'lost' its trust relationship. You'll need to drop it off and re-join it to the domain to fix that (or just delete the .local if your domain contains it) and it shouldn't happen again if you've already ran the BCDEdit script.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chekmate1984 View Post
    i have gon through all machines and run a bat script in which below is present

i will need to look at the affected machines to see if it has disabled it or not but as far as i know it did
    We've just done the same for all our Student machines. Time will tell I guess, but from all the comments about doing this, it's likely it will solve this issue for us.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    I disabled Startup Repair in both my schools and I get very few trust relationship issues anymore. It is definitely related to the netbooks not being shut down properly - at the junior school the teachers stand over the children till the netbook has shut down but at the middle school the children take the netbooks back to the trolley, often in another block, by themselves and I reckon they just shut them in order to get away quickly. @CBlunt I think you might find that people have already said taking things off the domain and putting them back on again solves it.
    @witch: You ever try setting a power profile through GPO and have it so the netbooks shutdown when the lid is closed? I had the exact same issue of students leaving these things on and stuffing them back into the carts. Since students can't lock the machine it would never go to sleep either. Staff seem to like it since it makes cleanup that much faster.

8. Thanks to Duke5A from:

witch (11th March 2014)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sted View Post
    batch file as a startup (not logn) script

Code:
    if exist c:\suroff.txt goto end
    copy \\server\share$\suroff.txt c:\suroff.txt

:end
    Can I assume that the surfoff.txt doesn't need to contain anything?

Will the following just work?

Regards

Rob

Thank Post
    Yes, @rpettit
    'if exist' is rather literal. It doesn't care about file size, content, MD5, or anything else. All it cares about is location and name.
    If C:\ contains a file called suroff.txt, the condition is met.

(pet hate, and not sure if I mentioned this previously @sted, but instead of 'goto end' and then having :end at the bottom, 'goto eof' immediately ends the script)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Garacesh View Post
    Yes, @rpettit
    'if exist' is rather literal. It doesn't care about file size, content, MD5, or anything else. All it cares about is location and name.
    If C:\ contains a file called suroff.txt, the condition is met.

(pet hate, and not sure if I mentioned this previously @sted, but instead of 'goto end' and then having :end at the bottom, 'goto eof' immediately ends the script)
    fair enough it works and on some of my scripts i put common stuff after :end so eof dosent work in those cases so to keep my script consistent i just shove :end at the end

Thank Post
    Makes sense. 'goto eof' is an immediate termination, so sometimes it isn't appropriate.

Thank Post
    The ignore real failures bit worries me a little?

Thank Post
    I'm honestly not sure what else IgnoreAllFailures will ignore, as the only thing I've encountered that launches Startup Repair is an improper shutdown (be that via the power button or a BSOD)
    BSOD's usually get reported to us and we investigate/fix/replace bits as necessary, so it hasn't caused issue for us so far as we can tell.
    We now have this script rolled into our base image, so once it's imaged this (amongst other scrips like wireless deployment) run

Thank Post
    Login in as local Admin and run the "Join a Domain or Workgroup" wizard under System Properties/Network ID.
    Has never failed to fix this issue and only take a minute.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by julyan1 View Post
    Login in as local Admin and run the "Join a Domain or Workgroup" wizard under System Properties/Network ID.
    Has never failed to fix this issue and only take a minute.
    Im a technician in training and That's exactly what i do and it's the common protocol for the issue. Happens quite regularly though and often more than one machine in the class with the issue so an overall fix is much coveted

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast