+ Post New Thread
Windows 7 Thread, Print Job taking an age to process in Technical; Hi all, When sending pictures of A4 size, or powerpoint slides, the job is rendering over 100mb up to 300mb ...

Thank Post

Question Print Job taking an age to process

Hi all,

When sending pictures of A4 size, or powerpoint slides, the job is rendering over 100mb up to 300mb in size and taking about 4-5 minutes to print each page. Is this about a right size for the print job?

The printer in question is a Kyocera FS-C5150DN. Drivers are from their website and seem to work fine apart from big colour jobs. It takes a pause between each page too, rather than shipping the whole thing through at once like usual. It has an advertised 21ppm which isnt the case at the minute.

Is it a driver issue, is it not compressing the job properly? I'm out of ideas now. I've contacted their support, but though i'd ask here in the meantime.

One job was so big the other day it caused a memory overflow and just printed half the job.

Strange to say the least, never had this issue before with any other printers.

Thanks

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TMODAlpha View Post
    Hi all,

When sending pictures of A4 size, or powerpoint slides, the job is rendering over 100mb up to 300mb in size and taking about 4-5 minutes to print each page. Is this about a right size for the print job?
    I'll highlight the clues....

Could you not change the resulation and print handouts instead of sides on each page?

Thank Post
    ...When sending pictures of A4 size, or powerpoint slides, the job is rendering over 100mb up to 300mb in size and taking about 4-5 minutes to print each page. Is this about a right size for the print job?...
    Try doing this on a HP Printer and you will soon realise what slow is.

This size of print job would take a long time on any printer. Try what newpersn suggested and see if you still have problems.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by newpersn View Post
    I'll highlight the clues....

Could you not change the resulation and print handouts instead of sides on each page?
    Yeh, i'd guessed that it was the nature of the job, but I wondered if it was down to the driver or the printer itself. The old printer was never that slow.

Quote Originally Posted by LeightonJames View Post
    Try doing this on a HP Printer and you will soon realise what slow is.

This size of print job would take a long time on any printer. Try what newpersn suggested and see if you still have problems.
    I just wondered if the size of the job was excessive for what was actually being printed. I will investigate some more, but its a little disappointing that we've gone from a quick printer that was 10 years older that was physically broken, to a new printer that is awfully slow to process print jobs.

Thank Post
    Yeh, i'd guessed that it was the nature of the job, but I wondered if it was down to the driver or the printer itself. The old printer was never that slow.

I just wondered if the size of the job was excessive for what was actually being printed. I will investigate some more, but its a little disappointing that we've gone from a quick printer that was 10 years older that was physically broken, to a new printer that is awfully slow to process print jobs.
    10 years ago you wouldnt have a 14mp camera...

Best check if you could give a 1gb link (if the printer has a 10/100/1000mbps card in it) Change the quilty down.( Our CP2025 and 3600 take ages to printer photos)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by newpersn View Post
    10 years ago you wouldnt have a 14mp camera...

Best check if you could give a 1gb link (if the printer has a 10/100/1000mbps card in it) Change the quilty down.( Our CP2025 and 3600 take ages to printer photos)
    Good point. That might be an idea.
    I checked for quality options, nothing obvious within the settings.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread