+ Post New Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3
Windows 7 Thread, Issue with Windows 7 workstation connecting to google apps sync for MS outlook. in Technical; I have been using my Google apps email address with outlook for 2 months now and i have had no ...
  1. #1
    Harry_Greatorex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Burgess Hill
    Posts
    58
    Thank Post
    4
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    0

    Exclamation Issue with Windows 7 workstation connecting to google apps sync for MS outlook.

    I have been using my Google apps email address with outlook for 2 months now and i have had no problem. Now, every time i try add my account back onto Google apps outlook sync, i get an error saying "cannot connect to Google". After some research, i found some logs i can send to Google for diagnostics, and Google return with the following diagnosis:

    "Some timezone registries are missing on the host computer. Please ensure that the client computer has the latest Windows Updates. Check here for more information on Microsoft Updates".

    I checked my computer for updates, and i needed to install 80+. Even after fully updating the workstation, it is still coming back with that error. Please note, I am very doubtful it is anything to do with proxy settings or AV settings, as it is only the odd PC here and there which have this problem, most work without a hitch.

    I have attached screenshots of the log error on the Google website, and the error Google apps sync gives after authorizing the account.

    Any solutions/ideas to solve this issue would be much appreciated.

    Regards,

    Harry Greatorex
    Attached Images Attached Images
    • File Type: png 1.PNG (7.3 KB, 6 views)
    • File Type: png 2.PNG (41.9 KB, 12 views)

  2. #2
    Harry_Greatorex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Burgess Hill
    Posts
    58
    Thank Post
    4
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    0
    Any updates?

  3. #3
    Harry_Greatorex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Burgess Hill
    Posts
    58
    Thank Post
    4
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    0
    SOLVED! Fixed the issue by deleting the local user profile, and deleting the user folder in C:\users then tried again and it worked!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Similar Threads

  1. google app sync for outlook 2013 and windows 8
    By maark in forum Cloud Services
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 7th June 2013, 10:57 AM
  2. Google Apps Sync for Microsoft Outlook
    By cbsc in forum Internet Related/Filtering/Firewall
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 17th June 2011, 10:36 AM
  3. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 7th April 2011, 11:05 AM
  4. Two Issues with Windows 7 logins
    By Bestbett in forum Windows 7
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 6th December 2010, 11:05 AM
  5. Weird issue with one workstation
    By Chuckster in forum Windows
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 25th June 2009, 12:37 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •